I have not had much to say and thought no one was reading really so I stopped posting -but I am posting now because I need to get some things out and this blog has always been my place to vent.
First off - my baby boy is 20 months old - not sure how that happened - we are entering the toddler tantrum stand that I am not too fond of - he loves to throw himself on the floor and cry like the world is ending when he goes not get what he wants. Then there are those moments when he ask for a kiss or gives you a big hugs and you forget that he just melted down for 15 mins over an apple.
Now on to me. I had to have ear surgery about three weeks ago. I went to the dermatologist because my friend told me she did not like the looks of a mole on the top of my left ear. This was about 5 weeks ago - the doctor biopsy it and it came back advance cancerous cells - so I had to get the mole taken off - at first I did not think it was going to be a big deal - but with the top of the ear there is no fat and the fact that they had to take 5mm off on each side to clear the margins - so I had to go to a plastic surgeon to reconstruct my ear. I ended up with 40 stiches - and a 2 hour procedure and put on pain medicine.
It was healing pretty good until last week when my son hit me hard in the ear and it started gushing blood - I had a full on panic attack because I was alone with the baby - not sure if I was going to have to take myself to the hospital or not - the bleeding did stop but it turns out Colin popped some of my stiches - it was all swollen and bruised again. I had to go back in and this time they glued it. I have an appointment tomorrow to see how it is healing. I will never ever go tanning or be in the sun without sunblock again. Here is my PSA for the day - WEAR SUNSCREEN!
Now onto my inlaws. Oh what a mess I have on my hands with them. It all started about 6 months ago. My mother in law asked me to help her sell the house - she knew she could not handle it anymore and needed to get out and since I work for a real estate lawyer she thought I could help. We my in laws live in a bad neighborhood and there house has not been kept up with at all. My sister in law also lives there with her boyfriend and baby. Honestly no one should be living there - it is really poor living conditions.
The first step was to find my in-laws a one floor one bedroom apartment. We went searching and found one they liked. Next step is to list the house for sale - which I did. Then I was to open a new bank account which I did because I was to take over the bills because apparently the sister in law was doing them and doing a poor job of it.
Well I just got all of the information last week and doing a poor job is a huge huge understatement - they are so far behind in everything and I have no clue where all the money was going. It is truly sad but I think in a couple of month I can get things under control. I just feel so bad that this situation has gone on as long as it did. The even sadder thing is they have 5 children - and me the daughter in law is the only one trying to help me.
So they move in their new apartment on Nov 1st - I am nervous about the sister in law - scared she will not leave the house - even though she knows she has to go - she has basically been living there rent free for years. I plan on winterizing the house and hopefully getting it sold soon - I hope everything can be done by the end of the year.
I have a lot more to say but I guess I will save them for other posts.

2 comments:
Glad your back, hope all works out with mother in law? Is Colin still in daycare/school?
I was wondering what was going on with your ear! that is so scary!!
and good for you for helping your IL's. I'm sure its sad and hurts to see that their other kids aren't helping them, but thank goodness for you and your husband.
A
therowdyroberts.blogspot.com
Post a Comment