Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Staying home

After a lot of thought John and I have decided that I am going to stay home when baby Cara comes.  It just makes sense.  I would not be making any money whatsoever after I paid to have a newborn and toddler in daycare all day and I think somehow we can make it work but cutting back on certain things.  I feel good about my decision.  I plan on telling daycare at the end of May and asking if Colin can come once or twice a week just so he can be around other children and so that I can have one on one time with Cara.   I will tell my boss at the end of June that my last day will be August 1st.  I do not think it will go well with him - he is already so pissed that I am pregnant - but I have to do what is right for my family and for myself.  I hope to stay home for a couple of years and then try to get a job in a school - that is the goal - but I will see what life has in store for me.

Here is a picture of us at Easter.

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

That's awesome! Good for you guys. You are so right, you have to do what is best for your family. I'm sure you will love being home with your kids full-time!

Big A said...

good for you!! this sounds like the right decision for your family. and who cares what your boss thinks, he won't be your boss for much longer:)

A
therowdyroberts.blogspot.com