Thursday, October 13, 2011

We are Home!!

We got home about 4 pm today.  I had my consult with the MFM and a high resolution ultrasound and everything looked good with Colin.  The fluid around him was good - the placenta is good and the blood flow to the cord is good.  He is two pounds and in the 64 percentile for his age.  He is currently breach and the doctor said he is very active for his age.  Apparently he was just pulling on the cord alot and having a party in my belly and that is why his heart rate kept dropping - he gave us quite a scare.

It was very scary - they did give me another shot before we left the hospital to mature his lungs - just to be on the safe side.  They want to see me once a week now at the OB - again to just be on the safe side.  Plus I have to start counting kicks - obviously they will not be very consistant right now but they said to just make sure is his kicking like he normal has been.

We had a 3d ultrasound - Colin looks just like John - I am so in love with him - I hope he stops causing trouble and stays put to January - thank you so much for all the well wishes and prayers - it is so much appreciated.

10 comments:

pickledpersian said...

Well Thank GOD for that! I am sure you are super relieved. Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy and delivery will be uneventful and smooth. Take good care of yourself, rest and keep on thinking those positive thoughts. You're a believer and a fighter - otherwise you would not have gotten this far!

Life Happens said...

So glad you are home and Colin is settling down. I hope you can get some rest.

Those weekly OB visits will really put your mind at ease.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

What a relief! Stay in there and cook a little longer, little Colin!

Heidi said...

I am so glad that you are home! I bet you were so excited to see your little man on the screen. I will keep praying for you that Colin stays put until January!

Bird said...

i am so glad he is okay and love that your doctor is taking extra precautions anyway. That's te kind of doctor you WANT!!

Flower said...

What a relief! Great news!!!

Nic said...

So pleased you are home and all is well. What a naughty boy scaring us all like that!

Sarah said...

Glad everything is okay! :)

Alli B said...

I'm so glad everything is okay! I'll still keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers until January. Those drs just like to freak you out. I was in the hospital 2 months before I was due and they made me get the steroid shot for the lungs and made a NICU nurse come own and talk to us(really scare the crap out of us) and then I had the weekly US/ fluid checks. It's all to cover their butts, I think they have to now with all the sue-happy people pushing these drs out of PA into NJ, they will do everything to make sure all goes okay. It will probably be better to have the weekly checks, it will make you feel better hearing his heart on the doppler every week and keep your mind at ease. Maybe all the craziness now means you will have a plain boring easy labor :)

Anonymous said...

So scary! I'm glad things are okay with Colin now. And the once a week checkups will help put your mind at ease too. I know I loved having extra checkups, even though it wasn't for a good reason that I had to have them. :)