I went to my regular NTS and it did not go so well. Colin was going crazy and his heartrate was so high and he would not calm down so after over an hour they decided to send me to Labor and Delivery - I got changed - I know the drill now and they hooked me up and within 20 mins he started to calm down and his heartrate went back to normal. I was having alot of contractions throughout the entire time though. They said if he keeps doing this they will probably take him early because I am far enough along now. He is also no longer head down but laying sideways again.
I have an OB appointment tomorrow and I have alot of questions to ask. I also started Heparin this morning - I have to do this shot twice a day - but so far so good - it does not hurt as much as Lovenox for me - the only problem - it is not covered by insurance - so a 25 day supply cost us $ 260 out of pocket - which right before Christmas was not so great - but what can we do - I have to have it.
I am having alot of anixety - I just want Colin here and healthy - all this labor and delivery trips are starting to scare me. I even packed a hospital bag and have it in the car now - just in case - I feel like we are just waiting at this point.
We are pretty much ready - we are going to go to BRU tomorrow and get some of the items that you all suggested for breastfeeding. We put the bassinet in our room tonight. I still have to boil all the bottles and pacifiers, etc. Work is crazy and so is getting all of John business information together for the end of the year. I am hoping after Christmas things will start to slow down.
I am so excited to meet my little man and see what he looks like - I cannot wait to be his mom - he is kicking me like crazy right now and I love every moment of it.
3 comments:
At first my insurance wouldn't agree to cover the Heparin either, I think it cost us over $500 out of pocket for the 4 week supply but at the suggestion of my high risk OB I called the insurance company and explained that it was medically necessary and they agreed to cover it and reimbursed us. Give it a shot (pun intended), you've got nothing to lose!
Oh and beware, the Heparin doesn't hurt as much as the Lovenox but you'll get major bruises. By the time I delivered my belly was black and blue.
Oh! I hope things are ok! LEt us know how your ob appt goes!
Good luck!
This is the first time I am commenting but I have been following your story for a while now. Maybe Colin just doesn't want to miss out on Santa this year..... not a bad early Christmas present.
You don't need to boil the bottles and pacis. If you buy the medela steam bags you can use those for everything. They are amazing and a total life saver.
Post a Comment