Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's day at the shore

Since my first mother's day was horrible to say the least I decided to take action for this mothers day and book a weekend away down the jersey shore and I am glad I did.  We had a wonderful time.  Of course as my luck would have it the weather was horrible because whenever and I mean every single time I plan something - anything - I get bad weather - but we had the most of it and had a really great time and with all the family drama going on it was nice to get away from it all for a weekend.

We went down on Friday afternoon - it was really nice that day so we hit the beach as soon as we got there.


My little bug loved it - I knew he would because he loved it last year - he played in the sand for a long time - the water was too cold to go in though but you cannot beat the view.


On Satuday it rained all morning but we just spent time him the room - Colin loved the room because it was basically babyproof and he could run all around and it was somewhere new for him to explore.  he even figure out how to get on and off the bed - and now he does it at home as well.

Once the rain stopped we headed to the boardwalk and went on rides with the baby - he was not crazy about the rides but he loved walking on the boardwalk.





Saturday night it rained again - but Sunday we got up and went to the park and had breakfast - then we came home and I was able to relax the rest of the day while John took care of Colin.


I hope everyone had a good mothers day.

2 comments:

Life Happens said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed your mother's day (despite the weather).

Michele said...

Looks like you had a blast!

I had no idea you were so close to NJ; we are north of Philly. We should do a blogger meet up sometime!