I need to vent - I am so upset with my inlaws. They have finally cross the line and I am done. As I said in my last post - Dh's SIL is angry at me for taking C to a new sitter - well I guess that in turn makes the whole family upset with me and they are treating me accordingly.
Apparently the whole family went out to a carnival yesterday and no one thought to call us and ask us if we wanted to go - I found out by a bunch of pictures being posted on facebook - the ones that especially hurt were of grandmom and her grandchildren - well two of them - minus my son - it is hurtful that they do not want to include my son in these family activities.
So of course I said something on the photo - basically saying how I wish we would of known because Colin would of loved to have been there with his grandmom and cousins, etc. Then I was lie to by one of the sisters saying they went on a whim - which I knew was a lie because DH found out that the carnival was a planned outting - so then I called her out on her lie and then I was told that I was overracting. I basically just told them that the only one it is going to hurt in the long run is my baby boy.
I am upset because I do not really have alot of family so I wanted my son to be close to DH's family and have his aunts and uncles and grandparents in his life but I guess I pissed them off so they are punishing my son for it.
It is sad because I have made numerous effort in the past month since Colin started a new sitter to meet up with the family - I asked if we could some over the one SILs house and kept getting pushed off and then I invited the grandparents to my house to see Colin twice and both times they canceled. They are the ones that are going to be sorry because they are missing out on a great little boy.
4 comments:
Definitely experienced something similar in the weekend. Just know it's not you - it's them. What does your husband say?
I am so sorry, family drama is especially upsetting but you are right...they miss out on spending time with a great little boy!
It's sad when they don't realize that they are only hurting Colin. They are the one's that are missing out. I'm sorry you have to deal with such drama. I hope they will come around soon.
I'm living this right now and it's tearing me apart for my girl's sake.
Post a Comment