Yes I am on of those people. Even though I have lived in PA all of my life and it snows here every single year I am still so scared of it.
I hate snow and it would not be so bad if I never had to drive it in - that is my worse fear. It snowed here in PA for the first time of the season yesterday. It was not much - less than a inch but it was a nice coating that made the roads very very slippery - which in turn made everyone drive very very slow. My usual 20 mins drive home from work took me about 90 mins. But I did not mind because even though I did not do about 20 MPH on the way home I still was sliding all over the place.
Another reason for hating the snow is my husband always has to work it it - even though we did not have plowable snow - he still had to go out and shovel all the walk ways and salt everything to make sure no one slipped and fell.
We were suppose to go to his work Christmas party last night - but due to the stupid snow we could not go - my husband did not even get home until 10 pm.
I need to move to a place where we never get snow. My makes me far too stressed out. Now if it happened on a Saturday night and I could sit home with my husband by a fire - then it would be nice - but that will never happen.
I just hope that it is not as bad as it was last year.
3 comments:
I freak out also. I think being a teacher and having delays doesn't help either because I don't often have to drive in it.
Where did you live in PA? I lived in Berks County most of my life.
I was just thinking about John today, we got a good dusting on Thursday evening. I remember how we would email and it seemed as if he was never home (when you really needed someone to be there). Of course, he had to work though. Hope it is a easy winter on us all!
I now live in Arizona, The winters are wonderful, no snow, often warm enough to swim outside. However, the price we pay is an infernal summer where the temperature rarely goes below 100 from June-September. Makes me miss the Chicago change of seasons.
Best wishes for happy, fulfilling in every way 2011.
Post a Comment