I have decided to go gluten free in the hopes that I can get my digestive issues under control once and for all. I started on Friday and so far so good - it is not going to be easy - especially when we go out but I think this is the lifestyle I need to follow now - and for good. I have all my meals set up for both lunch and dinner for the week - preparation is key.
I have a big decision to make and I am not sure which decision is the right decision - it has kept me up at night. My choices are to either - try another treatment or go back to school. In my heart of hearts I really do not know what I want to do.
On one hand I really want a family and I have 9 embryos just waiting for me and money is not an issue because we have it saved already for the FET - but at the same time - I am scared to death - I am scared of another miscarriage and after all the health issues I have been dealing with I am not sure if I should put my body through another treatment.
On the other hand - I have always wanted to go back to school - I have been looking at a great online program at Penn State that sounds perfect for me. It would be so expensive though and if I decide to go back to school I want that to be my main focus - I am not spending my time and money to take a few classes and quit or get distracted with life - I want to complete it with a degree. I am also scared of this option as well - it has been so long since I have been in school - what if I am not smart enough.
John said he would back me up on whatever decision I decide. I am thinking a compromise may be to do a treatment in the summer and if it does not work - sign up for classes in the fall. I just do not know what is right and what is not - I do not want to have any regrets.
10 comments:
Have you been tested for celiac yet? I've been thinking about it, as I also have digestive issues and it's linked to IF and m/c. I've also thought about just cutting out gluten, but you have to be on it to test or it won't be accurate.
Good luck if you decide to take classes. I've gone back and taken several classes over the last year and half in an attempt to maintain my sanity through IF, it's a useful distraction. Will your employer help pay for them? That might help defray the cost, so you don't have to decide between the two.
It's so normal to be scared to cycle again, I'm petrified. I don't think there is anything to help you get past the fear that it will happen again. (((hugs)))
My BIL they thought had celiac and so my sister had to learn to cook, fortunately it is becoming wider known and there are places that have glutten free meals, pjchangs I know is one. I will try and get the list from her as I am sure she still remembers.
I know you are terrified of cycling again and this is a big decision. I will say some prayers that you figure out what is right for you. I will say that these past 9 months have been filled with anxiety so be prepared if you do get PG for this. But I will be here for you cheering you on either way!
When faced with huge decisions such as yours, I ask myself "Which would I MOST regret NOT doing?" Personally, for me, family/children has always been top priority...therefore, the rest can wait. I realize everyone is different, I just hope fear doesn't keep you from doing what you MOST want to do. Best of luck with whatever you decide!
We've been gluten and dairy free for several years. It's a bit tricky at first, but then it gets easier. Good luck!
A dear friend of mine is GF. She went about 6 months ago after being diagnosed. I have a great GF recipe for cookies we made, and I cook for her when she comes over. There are a lot of options available now. In 6m she reversed all the damage to her system, so it really can work! And quickly!
Here's the recipe:
http://mylifeafterloss.blogspot.com/2011/01/pwfc3.html
Of course only you can make this decision. I personally would try the FET first. If it were not to work and then you made the decision to go to school you won't wonder what may have been. Good luck with everything!!
Best GF website: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
GL! Going GF has been one of the best decisions I've ever made...
I say do both. It is possible, trust me. I understand how scary it is to put yourself out there again. My 4th pregnancy was the charm. And we adopted at the same time ( they came within 3 weeks of each other). And I stared back to school. I guess all of that to say go for it!! Go for it all! It is scary but what if another FET works? There is always a risk but it might just work this time!! Best of luck!!
If your looking for honest advice, I say go for the treatment first. :) You can go back to school at any age really, but becoming pregnant unfortunately doesn't give us too much "time." :) I know it's scary to think about what could happen and what HAS happened. But you won't get to what you want by being afraid. You can do this! You can make a family! :) Just believe in it. The compromise you mentioned sounds good too. Have hope in your snow babies first :)
Four months after going gluten free, taking iron and vit D, I conceived. Hope you are feeling well.
Post a Comment