Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wow that one Hurt - Alot

What am I referring too - oh that would be yet another pregnancy announcement.  Usually I handle them pretty well - at this point being almost five years into TTC I have had my fair share of pregnancy announcments -  I am always happy for the person but sad for me - lately I have not even been letting them bother me because I figure - people are going to get pregnant and have babies whether I can or not.

Well this one takes the cake - my baby brother and his wife are expecting # 3.  The worse part is the way I found out.  My brother just called me last night to tell me how he and the wife are fighting and he was thinking of moving out or she was thinking of moving in with her mother and that she turned his phone off and he had to go out and buy another one and how much they do not get along and how they are probably going to get a divorce - no where in the whole hour long conversation did he tell me his wife was 10 weeks pregnant.

I go on Facebook this morning and see that she posted on her page that she is 10 weeks pregnant - and I am jealous and upset - I am totally having a pity party today - it is just not fair - they do not even want to be together and are fighting all of the time and they get to have another baby - how is that even fair - they already have two beautiful daughters and all I want is one baby.  I am upset and I hate that infertility does this to me - I hate that I am jealous of my brother.  I am sad that my younger brother is going to have three children before I even get to have one - today is just a bad bad day.

12 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm sorry...{{{HUGS}}} that does suck big time!!

By the way I think your bedroom homework was awesome and my SD who is 14 would love it!! Your teacher doesn't know what she is talking about.

Erin said...

I just saw that on Facebook and was wondering if that was the same one who was having marriage problems. I'm sorry, that does suck!

Rach said...

Ugh that is a terrible way to find out, I'm sorry. It is going to be your turn soon!

Stephanie said...

I am in the same boat. Apparently it's that time of year or something. I have been told twice today that two people I work with are pregnant. I am right there with you. I just want to go crawl under the covers and be left alone.

Michele said...

Hugs, honey... Many hugs...

cdg said...

thinking of you....

Sarah said...

Makes ya just want to hide out under a rock doesnt it? Then throw the rock at something :) Those announcements are never easy :( I just keep telling myself that someday it will be ME :)

Lindsay said...

oh many many hugs for you.

Stacy said...

I empathize with how you must feel today. After two years of infertility treatments, a close family member let me know she was pregnant by sending me a baby shower invitation. I was devastated by how she shared the news with me. I'm just a lurker on your blog (which I love BTW!), but if you ever need to chat feel free to contact me! I'm sorry you're having such a bad day.

JackiJaguar said...

I'm sorry (((big hugs)))

Alec said...

If the marriage does not work out, well that is the true tragedy. A loving aunt can make a tremendous difference for these kids.

They will need you.

Good luck!
Alec
iwanttobeadaddy.blogspot.com

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

That super sucks...and hurts a lot.

It's horrible to say, but we are selfish being and you want to wonder why they deserve it.

I have two girls, but lost our third baby in November, and now every pregnant person, announcement and birth reminds me a little more. So, I know it's not the same, but I think I understand your hurt, too.

Praying for you.