Wednesday, April 11, 2012

It never really goes away

Infertility that is - when I went to the OB for my 6 week checkup my OB asked about birth control and I had to laugh - it took over five years to have Colin - I think we are good on not having any birth control and when I tell my friends that we are not doing any birth control everyone says oh you are totally going to have irish twins - you are going to get pregnant right away - don't you ever hear about the infertility person who had a child and then was so fertile ended up having three more kids back to back - yeah well that is not me - we were giving only a 1% chance of ever having a child on our own and not only can I not get pregnant I cannot stay pregnant without intervention.

Luckily we still have two frozen embryos which I am thankful for - who knows if we will use them or do another treatment - not only does it costs about $ 6,000 for another treatment - if I do get pregnant - I will right away be high risk with my blood clotting disorder.  So as of right now - we are not planning to expand our family - I want to just enjoy Colin.

I have to say there has been many times since Colin has been born that I just cry - tears of joy - I am just so very happy that he is here finally - after all the years of trying - all the treatments and all the letdown have led to me to him and he is perfect and I just look at him and just get so happy - it was worth it - all of it.

4 comments:

Life Happens said...

I remember having that same conversation with my OB too...and here we are 14 months after giving birth and still not pregnant again.

Colin is precious. Enjoy all those special moments together.

Sarah said...

It was definitely worth it :) He's so cute! I laugh every time someone mentions birth control to me...

Deanna said...

He's so precious.

Miss Megan said...

My OB didn't say one word to me about birth control! Not one. Knowing my past with miscarriages, fertility issues/progesterone/MTHFR issues, and how long it took to get the girls here he didn't think it would be an issue.
I have to tell you though....and understanding that I am obviously in the minority....I had a 0.001% chance of getting pregnant on my own with one tube and stage 4 endo...and I am one of those women who DID. I am currently 32 weeks along with a little boy. My girls are only 18 months old. NEVER ever in a gazillion years did I think I would be here. And we still have 14 frozen embryos! I have a feeling my OB will be having the birth control conversation with me after I have this little guy!
Colin is adorable momma! Soak in as much as you can! =)