Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My poor boy is suffering

So we went back to the pedi today - we were there two weeks ago because C was so stuffy - they told me it was a cold - but two weeks later he is still stuffy and not getting better - he is also whezzy - so I decided to call and get him seen since I was afraid the cold had moved to his chest.

Well the good news is his chest his clear and his nose is not inflamed but the bad news is they do not think it is a cold but that it is allergies and there is not much they can do right now because he is too young - so he just has to suffer - which makes me upset.

I am thinking of waiting two more weeks to see if the pollen levels go down and see how he is doing and if he is not any better I am going to ask for a referral to an allergist.  They also said he has eczema.  I feel bad my little boy is already having problems - and he is only three months old.

He is actually three months old today and he weighs 12 pounds 9.1 oz. - he is growing up so fast.

4 comments:

Dr. Alfaro said...

Sorry the little fellow isn't feeling great. As a mom (and a new mom at that) it is hard to recognize that we can't protect them the way we wish we could in every case. I think it's something we all go through as we learn to "have our hearts live outside our own bodies". Eczema is really common. Aveeno baby cream is great, and skipping soap for his baths will help, too. For the stuffiness, try a PediCare Soothing Vapors plug. This little jewel (at Walmart in the baby section of the pharmacy) has been a life saver for 5 years at our house!

Life Happens said...

Poor baby. I hope he feels better soon! It's so hard to see our babies hurting/suffering and feel so helpless. Just give him extra hugs and kisses too.

Amington said...

Lots of saline will help flush out the irritants in his sinuses and you can also try an air purifier to clear the air. It helps to keep the windows closed and the air on in the summer if it is outdoor allergies that he has. Getting him tested would help narrow down what specifically you would need to have him avoid. I'm not sure if they do allergy testing on babies that young though. My son has excema too and we use California Baby's Calendula Cream. I hope Colin feels better soon!

Kristen said...

Is he on a dairy-based formula? He could have a cow milk allergy.