Yup you read that right - and shock is not even the word - we actually got pregnant on our own - but we were not even trying - it is just crazy. I just felt weird and was about a week late so I said let me take a pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive. DH did not believe and had me take three more test including a digital.
My OB saw me the next day to get me on my prenatals and my hemo also saw me the next day - to get my blood thinners - so I am on all my meds and the pregnancy was confirmed and all the bloodwork was done.
I am about 7 1/2 weeks ago - I guess - not to sure give or take a week or so being that I was not really tracking my period. I have an ultrasound next Friday to determine exactly how far along I am and to see the heartbeat and make sure everything is okay - after that I have to schedule my high risk doctors appointment and my NT scan.
I am freaking out a bit - this was not planned - I do not know what I am going to do as far as daycare and being able to afford it - we are barely making it now. It is crazy that we have not used anything for 8 years - spend a fortune to have Colin and then just like that we are pregnant on our own.
I am due August 18th - which was my mother's due date with me but I came late on the 24th - I am also the same age that my mother was when she had me. DH is hoping for a girl - I am just hoping for healthy - I am basically pregnant around the same time I was with my first pregnancy that ended in miscarriage so it is all a little nerve racking - I just want it to be okay - praying we see a heartbeat next Friday.
I am very sick already - like all day long sick and super tried - which is very hard with a toddler - moms to more than one tell me how you got through the days being sick and pregnant with a toddler - I am barely functioning - I am so not a super mom and having a very hard time doing this - please tell me I am not alone. It is going to be a long 9 months.
11 comments:
Oh my goodness! Congrats!!! SO HAPPY AND EXCITED for you guys. I will be six weeks tomorrow and will go in for our heartbeat ultrasound on Tuesday. We did IVF again. Here's praying we both will have healthy and happy babies!
Happy new year!!
First off, congrats, Jackie! I'm sure you are a little overwhelmed, but it will be ok! Second, Zofran was my best friend during my first trimester with Keegan. There were some days it was brutal taking care of Liam and being pregnant, but it's worth it. Good luck!
Congrats!!! So happy for you. Praying all is well with the little bean. I have had that same thought so many times, how do moms of toddlers keep it all together when pregnant. I have no advice but I wish you luck!
ekkkk!!! Congrats!
this is absolutely amazing. just amazing. I'm so so happy for you and while the finances of the whole situation are scary you'll figure it out.
amazing.
A
therowdyroberts.blogspot.com
Wow!! That is awesome. It'll all work out. :)
Holy crap! The same exact thing happened to me! My husband and I struggled with infertility and had my son three years ago and we just found out that we are pregnant again, without treatments. I am due on August 21! What a happy little coincidence! Congratulations :)
Congrats on your bundle of joy!!! I can understand the stress of finances, but it'll work out! I Just had my first baby 6 weeks ago and i've been super stressed out with just raising her.. being a first time mommy is so crazy and scary.
Omg congrats! Welcome to the "shocked" club :) And dont worry it IS hard. Being sick and chasing a toddler is nothing anyone even warned me about and has been the hardest thing!!! But you will get through it because you have to :) Easier days will be ahead! One the sickness passes it will get somewhat easier.
Congratulations! We also had an out of the blue surprise with #2 :)
It can be brutal to take care of a little one when you are sick, I am not sure I have any words of wisdom but a simple encouragement that you will get through it.
Take it easy mama x
Same here! Congrats! We tried for years like you. Did 2 rounds of IVF. Have a 5 year old and 18 month old twins and am now 33 weeks pregnant with baby 4 naturally!
Post a Comment