Saturday, December 27, 2008
Had a breakdown at inlaws house today.
Today was not a good day. I went to meet up with my hubby at a bar by my inlaws house today for a drink before going over to my inlaws for a baby shower for one of DH's cousins. Anyway, I saw one of my mom's old friends at the bar that I have not seen in years so I decided to go over and say hello. Well the first thing at of his mouth was - Do you have any kids yet? I gave my standard answer - not yet - maybe soon - we will see and he started basically yelling at me - he said I was not getting any younger and that I really need to start having children and that he heard that my younger brother already had two children and what was my problem?? He kept going on and on - I just walked away and out of the bar - DH followed me to make sure I was okay - I drove to my inlaws house from there - I walked in their door and just started crying - I was sobbing - I just could not help it - like where did that guy get off - what right did he have - he had no clue what I was going through. My father in law just gave me a big hug and kiss - but I was so embrassed that I was crying in front of them - but I could not help it. I hate IF and everything that comes with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, that is so rude!! I'm so sorry you had that horrible experience. :( I'm glad your IL's were comforting!
makingmemom.blogspot.com
I cannot believe how rude and/or stupid some people are! I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
People will always be rude and stupid. If it happens again maybe you should just say that you are having issues getting pregnant and that they have no right to beat up on you like that. Speak up! Make them feel like morons! I find that it makes me feel better! Good luck!
Sometimes I honestly can't believe the ignorant things that come out of people's mouths. That was incredibly rude of him and I'm sorry you had to go through that -- you definitely didn't deserve it!
Post a Comment