And I am sick of it - I really need to find some friends that do not have children.
I must say it is very different when children are around - I just do not get the way parents act - and I know I will never get it until I have children of my own. It is just a world I do not understand.
It seems like John and I are the last people on earth to have children right now. I feel like we do not fit in - like it is a club we cannot be a part of and I am sick of it.
I feel like such an outcast.
12 comments:
HUGS. And I know exactly what you mean.
Been there and still there. It's not fun at all! The worst is when they all start talking about their kids and I have NOTHING to add to the conversation.
I'm sorry it's so hard.
I know exactly what you mean, we also are decreasing the number of friends without children rapidly. And, I agree with you, those who do act so different. And of course, I can't relate yet.
It stinks!
I totally feel ya'. ((( hugs )))
I know exactly what you mean. Joseph and I don't have kids either. Every one of my friends have atleast one chile and it stinks. I love they all to death, and I love being around them, but like "Life Happens" said, I have nothing to add to the conversation. I would love to be your friend!! =0)
Hugs.
Before we had our daughter we pretty much lost contact with some good friends who had kids. It was just to painful to be around them when the kids were there. It was a reminder of what we didn't have. I am praying you get your blessing with your next IVF cycle.
I am so sorry. A lot of us here understand exactly how you are feeling. It is shit.
I hope you and I and the rest of us can soon join the child club soon!
X
And PS- I live about 10 minutes away from you, if you ever need an IRL friend without kids, I am around! Just email me.
I'm sorry :( I totally know how you feel. It sucks. A lot.
I really appreciate your post. Thank you for being so honest. I know I can speak for many IF couples when I say we completely understand how you are feeling. There really is no easy way to navigate through this bumpy and confusing road. I think you have a lot of courage. Don't apologize for feeling like this whole thing is shitty (excuse my french)...but it is. Stay strong. I wish you all the strength, the hope, and perserverance you need to get to the other side.
Just echoing the rest of these comments. I feel your pain!
I feel the exact same way! And even my well-meaning friends will make comments sometimes about how I don't understand yet. Ah!
Post a Comment