Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Job Went Really Well Today

I was so nervous but for no reason - it went so well. As you know it is not a new job per say because I am not making any additional money - my current boss is just pimping me out to another attorney and is getting a kickback somehow - or else he would not be doing this. But the new attorney like me so much he asked if I would be working to work for him on weekends and he would pay me - so I say yes and I will start working for him this Saturday - it will only be for a couple of hours when he needs me but it will be worth it - Yay for a second job.

I honestly feel blessed to know how two jobs when some people out there cannot even find one job. I know I am lucky and I am grateful for this - at least now it will be to my benefit instead of my current boss's benefit. I will still work my current job M-F and work one day a week for the other attorney under my boss and just get paid my normal pay but now I will also be working weekend and making extra money. I am excited.

I really liked it there - it was so calm - not having to deal with the drama of a drunk - for those who have read my blog for awhile - the VP of the company is a total drunk and comes into work drunk alot. But this new attorney really respects me and asked me what I want - I was not use to that - also he asked me what drinks I like so he stock the fridge with what I like - how nice is that - at my old job they will not even supply paper towels - let alone water for the fridge.

So I am a very happy camper today - things turned out way better then I thought they would - thank you all for the well wishes and encouragement - it means alot to me.

9 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah Jackie!!! I was thinking of you today and am so glad you have gotten something to smile about!!!! Hang in there!!!

-Heather
sweetnessandme.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Two questions...
1. Since the other attorney lost his secretary, is there any way you could apply there? I'm not even sure if that's what you do at the one office or if it would be too weird, but if it's so much better. And it really sounds like you need to get out of the other place, dealing with a drunk boss is not a stress you need.
2. Where in Punta Cana did you stay?

Feel free to leave me a message on FB too.

Thanks!
Erin

Glass Case of Emotion said...

What a compliment to you, and what a great way to save up for some extra infertility related expenses...

Secret D said...

That's great news. Any chance of a full-time, permanent post?

JackieMac said...

Erin I stayed at Secrets Sancturary Cap Cana

Rebekah said...

I'm glad it went well!

Kate said...

That's great news Jackie! I am hoping it may turn into something permanent for you also!

Sarah said...

Yay for some extra cash!! :) And what a nice boss, stocking up on drinks for you!!! Haven't been on in awhile, but it's nice to hear that you are smiling! :)

Anonymous said...

That's pretty awesome. Maybe if Boss B loves you enough, you could get permanently moved to that office!

At the very least - free soft drinks and less stress!