Friday, April 23, 2010

Found Someone to Talk to - and Pimped Out

I went on the Resolve website and found a counseler in my area. She specializes in infertility and loss and she takes my insurance which is wonderful. Her name is Susan and I have an appointment with her next Friday at 8 pm. I went to counseler back when I was about 12 years old because I was so scared my mom was dying and then again when my mother passed away - ironic huh - anyway - so I know what to expect.

At this point I am not sure if we are going to end up doing the FET in August - if things do not start to get better I am not sure if I want to move forward with treatments. I need to find out what I am doing and what I want. I asked John to go to counseling with me and again he said no. I plan on telling him tonight that I made an appointment for myself. Not sure how he will react.

Now to the pimping out - my boss called me into his office the day I got back from vacation - he was in there with another attorney - this other attorney is a good friend of my boss and I know him. Apparently this other attorney - we will call him B - lost his secretary and he needs someone to help him so my boss told him he could have me one day a week. I will have my normal hours and my normal lunch break - I will just report to B office and help him out on Thursdays. I do not get paid any extra for this - which I am not happy about - but I guess it is during my normal work hours - but I feel like my boss pimped me out. Now it is like I am started a whole new job.

I am due for a raise in June and I fully intend to ask for one now. I should be happy that I get to have a new experience and see how a normal office works without a drunk and an opportunity to learn but I just feel like I am getting used and passed around - like I am an object - not a person.

3 comments:

Life Happens said...

I'm glad you found someone in your area to talk to. I hope it will help you and that your DH will come around to the idea too.

Your boss pimped you out because he knew you are a good worker. I hope it pays off come review time.

Have a great weekend!

Hannah said...

I'm glad you found the counselor! Hoping with you that your DH will see how much it can help for you to have someone to talk to.

And I too think your boss must think highly of you to recommend you to B, but I would be disappointed that it wasn't discussed with me first as an option.

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend.

JackiJaguar said...

I hope you click with the counselor and that all goes well. Good luck!