Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Consult went well

They were all so warm and welcoming - my RE did give me the pity face though - and I said what is the sad face for - do not give me the sad face and then he smiled - I told him I was okay and he even noticed my hair - last time I was there it was long - like really long and dark - now it is short and blond - all of the nurses were so warm and welcoming too.

We talked about the FET - I am going to do a natural FET - taking only baby aspirin and prenatals and I will be monitored like it is an IUI - once I O then they will start to defrost the embies. He wants to defrost 3 - day 2 embryos and see if they make it to day 5 growing and if they do not then he will thaw the day 5 embryos so our cycle does not need to get canceled - he said he rather start with the day 2 embryos - which makes sense. Use the day 5 ones as our back up plan.

Then he did a ultrasound - which I was happy and surprised about and said everything looks good. He wanted me to have a RPL panel of bloodwork done - he said he normally only does that for multiple miscarriages but he wanted to do this for me because he wants to make sure there are no problems and he is also having John get bloodwork done.

It was a good appointment and it felt good to be back and starting again - so I am suppose to call with Day 1 of my period - not this month - but next month - so we will begin at the end of July - I am getting excited now.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad things went well for you and that you are excited!!

Katie S said...

That is wonderful news!! I pray that everything works out!!

jeanna said...

Alright!! That's our old Jackie!!

Sarah said...

:) :) :) Yes, this post is a three smile-r.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I am glad to hear you are excited! And I am not surprised that they were warm and welcoming.

T said...

Oh I am so glad your appt went well! Your RE sounds very kind and personable, which is awesome.

Looks like we will be doing our FET's around the same time. Hopefully, August will be good luck and we will finally be able to bring our babies home!

Adam and Julia said...

yeah! I am so excited for you. This is great, positive news. Thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

I am glad your appointment went so well and that you are feeling good about it!

Anonymous said...

Great post!! Wonderful news!!!

Nicole said...

Oh, I'm soooo glad that your visit was a pleasant experience. Congrats on the anniversary too :)