I went for my non-stress test today and it did not go so well again - his heartrate was good - for some reason my contractions have pretty much stopped - which I already knew but I could not feel then anymore.
But then they went to do the fluid check - they could not find much fluid at all - so then I was sent over to the high tech ultrasound to double check.
Before I went into the other room the doctor asked if I had been resting - I told him that I made dinner last night and did the dishes - apparently that was a big no no - I was trying to stay on my feet to try and have gravity pull Colin down - well I got yelled at - I am suppose to rest with my feet up at all times. Ugh.
So I go over to the high tech ultrasound and his fluid is measuring at a 7 - which is not great but not horrible - it if was 5 or under I would of been heading to L & D. I asked the tech for a weigh - apparently Colin is already 8 pounds 4 oz. Wonder if I will end up with a 9 pound baby.
I am just so sick of every time I go there it is something else - I figure if he is moving around in there that he has enough fluid - I feel like they are just trying to scare me. I have an OB appointment on Wed - hoping for some progress - then one more NST next Monday and then the induction will be Tuesday.
I honestly am filled with anixety now - so much can go wrong - and if I do not make progress on my on before Tuesday I feel like I am in for a long labor. Only eight days left to go.
3 comments:
Try not to worry too much and remember how lucky you are to be at this moment and that Colin is doing well. I don't think that they are trying to scare you, i think that they are just be honest and doing what that they should. There are dr's. out there that aren't so persistent and observant and if you had one of those your would most likely still have anxiety. So many people are praying and wishing the best for you.
Try focussing on the fact that you're being so closely monitored, they would absolutely know if anything were not going well, so you're in great hands.
I used to have to have one each week and I would always laugh that they call it a "non-stress" test because it was the most stressful half hour ever!!
It's almost go time - you can do it!!
It's hard, especially at the end, not to let the doctor's words get to you, but you will do great. MY doctor kept telling me she wasn't going to let me go far past my due date because of how big our son was measuring, and that did cause some anxiety in me, but I just focused on doing what I could for him, knowing that fretting would only make things worse.
Try the evening primrose oil slightly pricked and inserted vaginally unless you have been told not to, and as you've probably heard way too much, drink lots and lots of water. Don't worry at all about weight. My doctor's guess was actually pretty accurate, and I had a quick and easy labor and delivery, without meds, of my over 9-pound son. Many, many women have! I know you are planning on meds, but I share that anyway. They say that your body won't make a baby that you can't deliver. (Size-wise...not saying anything about tricky situations and such...)
Lots of prayer and hugs! I've got a package I need to hurry up and send out to you!
Post a Comment