Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Family is so Important

If I did not have my husband I would not have anyone. John took off 4 days for my surgery and recovery - he has the time left and he put it on the board in plenty of time - but his boss just told him yesterday that he really needs him to work that week - John is going to have to tell him why he is taking off - he cannot go into work - I need him. It got me thinking - what if he did have to go into work - what would I do. I honestly do not have anyone else - having no family sucks big time. My brother is 500 miles away and that is the only family I have - I have no one to depend on - if John was not there to take care of me - I would have no one who I could call who would be willing to take off from work and miss a day of pay to take care of me. If you have your Mom and Dad, Aunt and Uncles, Grandparents, silblings, cousins, etc around you and they are alive and well be so very thankful. People take this for granted all of the time - I know I would too if they were in my life and I never had to think about it - but not having my mom around is the hardest - you do not realize how important all of these family members are until they are gone. This is why I am trying so hard to have children - family is so important.

Other note - I must of gotten some kind of stomach bug or something - my belly has been upset since Saturday and I do not know what is wrong. Any time I eat anything I get sick - I am not liking this - because I am hungry - I guess I will be getting soup for lunch.

2 comments:

April said...

I totally agree that family is important...but sometimes they make things bad also. Having to defend your decisions and be dumped on by the family for your decisions is difficult, too. My family does not understand anything that we are doing even though we have explained it many times. They think that if God wanted us to be parents, we would be.

I wish your brother lived closer :(

**hugs**

Mary said...

This rings so true for me. My parents and brother are in Oregon and California respectively, and we're in Florida. If DH couldn't be with me for some reason, I'd be calling his family, but they live 2hours away and couldn't get here in an emergency. It sucks to be alone.