Monday, November 3, 2008

What happen to manners??

So we gave out Halloween candy on Friday night - we had a good bit of children - I would say about 50 to 60 kids. But not a single one of them had any manners. No one said trick or treat - no one said thank you. I almost did not want to give them the candy - all they did was hold their bags open - they did not say anything to us.

It even goes one step further - I had the big bowl of candy in my lap and me and Dh were sitting on our porch - well I would hand the kids the candy - usually I would give two pieces and then I had not one - not two but three different children reach in my bowl and take candy out after I had already given them candy. One of the kids who did this was a 3 year old little girl - dressed in a princess costume no less. I could not believe it - she put her hand in the bowl and yelled - I liked m&m's - her mother was standing right there - I was so shocked I just looked at the mom and she did not say a single thing to me or the child - they just turned around and walked away -I could not believe it.

Then the parents were not any better - they would come up to the house with their children and not say nothing to me and my husband - no hello - no Happy Halloween - nothing - no wonder their children are so bad - look at the parents - they have no manners either - I am sitting here giving your child candy and you cannot even say hello to me or Happy Halloween or anything.

I was very disappointment and we went in about 8 pm because I had had enough.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry Jackie :-( I agree that it is more upsetting when the parents don't even say hello or wish you a happy halloween. A little politeness goes a long way.

Tiffany said...

I too was dissapointed this Halloween in the manners. You know we had about 10 kids that had NO costume on. Why do you think you can trick or treat without a costume?