Friday, November 14, 2008

Looking forward to a baby shower??

I am - I got the invitation yesterday - it is one of DH's cousin which I truly care for and I am happy that she is pregnant - they are even one of the couples who said they wanted to start trying for a family and got pregnant right away - usually I am very jealous of those people - but not her.

I decided to go all out for her. I got her two things off of her registry - a bundle me and a bundle me hat - which looks so cute - I would not know because I brought it online - I can barely go into a target with all of the pregnant women and babies - there is no way I could go into a babies r us. It will cost me more in shipping but it is worth it to me. I honestly think if I was to step foot in a babies r us - I would breakdown.

Then I decided to get her the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD - they have a combo pack on Amazon.com and it is a miracle blanket and the dvd together - I have heard wonderful things about the mircale blanket too - so I decided to get the combo for her. I think she will be happy.

The only thing is that the shower is two days after Christmas - that is going to be hard to handle - but the good lord keeps giving me these challenges - so obviously he think I can handle it. I hope I can. Infertility and baby showers do not mix very well.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, gotta give you credit. You are stronger than me. Me and baby showers no longer mix, and I find it hard to relate with pregnant women whom had a super duper easy time getting pregnant.

April said...

seriously...you are a strong woman. my cousin is pregnant and i am very happy for her, but just can't bring myself to go to her baby shower tomorrow. i don't think that i can take everyone talking about how great it is that she's having a kid, how great it is that she can have her kids young, then they start asking when i'm going to have a kid and blah blah blah. you know the story. the point is: i'm proud of you. you're a strong woman.

one of my favorite gifts for new babies is the mysterio t-shirt from uncommon goods. it's like a fortune cookie for a kid :)

Tabitha said...

Good for you...I'm so proud that your able to be so excited for someone else! What a great place to be! God will bless you for your faithfullness and kindness!

Alli B said...

I must say you are very strong to be able to get excited for DH's cousin and go to the shower. If she knows what you guys have gone through I bet she really appreciates you being there.
I got your comment - funny thing I just joined Facebook today, a few minutes before I saw your comment!