Monday, July 12, 2010

First Baby Shower Since My Miscarriage

It was for my sister in law who is due one month behind what I would of been due and on my birthday no less - I was dreading going - I thought it was going to be the hardest thing I was going to have to do - but it turns out it was not that bad at all - it was actually fun - I was happy for her and happy she got everything she needed for her little boy. I had alot of support from my friends and it was nice. John was even there to help carry out all of the gifts and he even said he was happy. I did not think of myself or my situation - I was just in the moment.

The only time I thought about our situation - was when John and I were taking all of the presents out of our car to bring to her house and I thought for a brief second that this should be us.

I thought after the shower I would break down - but nope - I am still happy for her and surprisingly not sad for us - our time will come it is just not right now.

Here is some pictures from the shower:





6 comments:

One Who Understands said...

What a great accomplishment. You are right, your time will come. I am so happy you are happy. Oh and the cake is so cute!

Life Happens said...

I'm glad you were able to enjoy it. And soon, it will be your turn to carry your own presents from the car. Love the belly cake!

Lisandro & Destiny said...

Hi Jackie. It really makes me happy and does good for my heart that bitterness has not shadowed the person you are. You have not let it, IF or the terrible loss define you.

{{{HUGS}}}} Always thinking about you!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I think that is amazing and wonderful that this was not too painful of an experience for you. I hope it is you soon...

Anonymous said...

This will be you someday soon!! So happy you had a great time! The cake was adorable!!

cagrlasu said...

Wow! I commend you for going to the shower. I had my 3rd miscarriage the same time my SIL was pregnant (we were 2 months apart in our pregnancies) and there was no way I cound attend her baby shower. I met up with her privately and told her why and gave her the present for my nephew. You are such a strong amazing woman.