Friday, July 23, 2010

It is still going on

Yes I am still sick and yes I am sicker than before. Apparently the meds they gave me are making me sick so they decided to give me a proboitic to help - well that did not help it made my tougue break out in bumps.

I called my PCP today and told him I am going off of my antibotics today - I cannot wait until Monday they are making me too sick. So he said okay - then I called the GI doctor and told him I was going off them today so he can test me on Monday - it takes 3 days after you go off of them to get out of your system or something.

So he said to come pick up the paper today - and of course they close at noon -so I had to leave work and drive across town - which is normally a 30 min. drive but they are working on the roads so it took me one hour each way. Do you know the GI doctor had the nerve to give me another antibodtic - I told him I am not taking it - not right now anyway - until this crap is out of my system. He says it is suppose to help my stomach.

I honestly think I rather just deal with the stomach issues then be put on all of these meds and have all these horrible side effects. Enough is enough - It has been six for 6 weeks now with stomach issues and for two weeks with the side effects from the meds they gave me.

So now they will test me for three days and see what happens so maybe I will know by the first week in August what is wrong with me and how they can fix it.

7 comments:

Life Happens said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you are getting sicker and not better! I hope you are able to get rest this weekend and the dr can test you on Monday.

Praying that you will heal quickly!!

Kelly said...

Being sick is horrible, especially when it doesn't seem to be ending. I'm glad you decided to hold off a bit on the antibiotics until other things are out of your system. It will make things easier to deal with and treat, IMHO.

Get some rest this weekend! I hope you start to feel better soon.

jeanna said...

J~oh my gosh! I am so mad at your Dr's, I mean it they need to get with it and get you better!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR. Hoping you feel better soon!

TwoDogMama said...

I'm sorry you are so sick. That sucks and I hope you start feeling better now that you are off that antibotic. Those things can be nasty to your system. Take care and hopeful get some rest this weekend.

Jenn said...

sorry that you are getting worse not better. Hopfully they can shead some light on it next week.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Jackie! I can't believe they were going to try and give you another antibiotic without actually finding out what else is wrong first.

Adam and Julia said...

oh honey. I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. Let me know if you need any chicken soup. I can drive it up to you. get some rest. thinking of you. julia