Hoping they would give me an x-ray or cat scan or something - nope - they just told me the little bumps on my tongue are Thrush - which is a yeast infection of the mouth - I know it sound gross but it is really not that bad - they gave me an anti-fungal and sent me home to follow up with my GI.
I am going to stick with the plan the GI doctor has for the next two week - but if he tells me nothing is wrong I am going to see a nutritionist because I have been doing some research online and apparently there is this thing called Candida with is an overgrowth of yeast in the body and can lead to call kinds of problems.
Problems like infertility, rosacea, acne, stomach issues and so much more - which alot of I had and it can be helped with a huge change in diet - cutting out all yeast - including sugars and bread, etc. I love food so this seems scary to me - but at this point I am hardly eating anything and have lost 8 pounds so it has to be better then what I am going through now.
5 comments:
Ugh, poor Jackie. Thrush can also be caused by antibiotics. Babies get it a lot. Yucky. I am so sorry you are going through all of this, and hope you feel better soon.
YOu should get some probiotics. They help add back the good bacteria in the body and will fight the thrush aka Candida Albicans.
Get better soon!
Hello! I haven't commented much on your site but I am a follower! I'm sorry about what you're going through but I just learned in school (I go to an alternative healing/acupuncture college) about leaky gut syndrome and how it is associated with a lack of good bacteria in the GI tract (leaky gut syndrome is untreated candida) and one of my teachers strongly recommended probiotics. What happens is (I hope I'm explaining it as well as he did) we always have good and bad bacteria in the body, yogurt for example = good bacteria. The good bacteria keeps the bad bacteria under control. When we take antibiotics we kill all the bacteria (in order to kill the bad, western medicine preaches to wipe out all the good too) which leaves the body without any good bacteria to build up enough to fight off the bad bacteria that will grow. I'm not a doctor or anything but it really might help you to take some probiotics. They help with building up good bacteria and acid to help with heartburn, acid reflux and to fight off bacterial infections (like from yeast). Hope this helps!!! Good Luck!
hello, i have been following your blog. Candida is a VERY real issue. Do your research. What is your diet like? Try eliminating things like gluten, dairy, etc. Good luck!
Okay Jackie, I am JUST starting a gluten free diet because of similar issues! Super scary however, it's worth a shot to feel better. Plus, I've read gluten intolerance can contribute to the reoccurance of miscarriage - I've had two in the past year! If we can inject meds into our bellies, we can do this for our future babies. And - you'd not be alone! This is literaly my first day.
100% support and big hugs,
Alison
Post a Comment