Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the Road to Recovery

I do not want to jinx it yet - but I am feeling better - not so run down. My headaches are still there but not as bad - my bowel problems seem to be improving and my tougue is getting better.

I am learning how to cope and eat on this new diet - it is amazing in less than two weeks I am already noticing a difference. My skin is so clear, I am losing weight and feeling better. I am not hungry all the time anymore - and I am finding great new recipes and trying all kinds of fruits and veggies. I am really trying to embrace what I can eat rather than think of what I cannot eat.

The GI doctor has really dropped the ball. I told his nurse that even though all my test have come back fine that I wanted to move forward with a colonoscopy - just to be on the safe side - I called him both Monday morning and Tuesday morning about this - and he has yet to call me back - his nurse did say that he thinks I am to young for a colonoscopy - WTF?? I am thinking about going to another GI doctor and getting a second opinion.

I am meeting with my PCP tonight to have my thrush checked out and see if I need to go on another medicine - but I think it is clearing up pretty well on its own - we will see what he has to say.

As for TTC I think that is on hold for awhile - I want to get my body back to normal and I think that is going to take a few months at least - I think my immune system was and probably still is very messed up. I am thinking of maybe doing a FET in April. I know that is a long time from now - but I am just not ready at this point to even think about it much.

5 comments:

jeanna said...

I was just thinking I needed to email you or that I needed an update! What an answer to prayer that you are beginning to feel better! If you find any recipes that you LOVE post them on here I think we all would like to try some new things!

The House of One said...

You are NOT too young for a colonoscopy. I can't believe they would even say that. My best friends 6 year old son just had one because he's also been very sick and they couldn't figure out why AND the colonoscopy answered their questions. Good luck and hang in there! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Lindsay said...

I am so sorry sweetie. I AM wonderfully happy that you are starting to feel better. I know that had to be a big relief. Thinking of you lots and always here for you!

T said...

I am so glad you are starting to feel better. I was getting ready to march (to wherever you live) to the dr and give him a piece of my mind. Though I still can if he will not give you a colonoscoy!

Hey, if you have the time share your new healthy recipes! I am always looking for some good ones!

Life Happens said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! I think taking the rest of the year off and getting your body back to normal is a great idea.

I hope things continue to get better for you! Keep us posted.