I went in today for my first check-up with the RE and I am progressing quicker than I though I was - They said my transfer will be sometime next week - not the following week like I thought it would. I handed over that very big check to them this morning and they want to see me back for a follow-up ultrasound on Sunday and then I guess we will have a better idea of a timeline next week.
This is concerning to me because - my godmother is dying - it is just a matter of time - they have done all they can do and I am worried if she passes I might miss her funeral because I will have to be on bedrest after the transfer. I also have a banquet to attend next Friday and a Christening to attend next Sunday where my husband is going to be the godfather. So a transfer does not really fit into my plans next week. I guess it is the most important thing I should be focusing on right now though.
So this brings me to my bedrest questions. If you did an IVF cycle or a FET cycle how long did you stay on bedrest after the ET?? How long did your RE require?? My RE only requires 24 hours but last time with my IVF I did 48 hours. It is just that I may not be able to be on bedrest for too long but at the same time I do not want to mess this cycle up.
7 comments:
Sorry about your godmother.
I have not been told to go on bed rest ever. My RE told me to 'take it easy' for a few days. For all 3 of my transfers I have done different things, I have just rested, I have been on bed rest for 4 days, I have acted normal. All of which ended up in a BFN. I think that it does not make much of a difference as long as you are sensible. My feeling is, so many 'normal fertile' people get pregnant without knowing, go about their business during the 2ww as normal and then find out they are pregnant! It has made me realise that no matter what we do (within reason) we can not change the outcome.
I think the most important thing is to minimise your stress as much as poss which is so hard during the 2ww.
I hope my ramblings have helped!
Good luck!
x
My RE didn't require bedrest, however I did it for 24 hours and took it easy for 72 hours.
I had bedrest for 24 hours.
Hi there,
I didn't have any bedrest at all and ended up getting a BFP.
My RE told me there was a study done that showed that there was no improved pregnancy outcome from having bedrest or no bedrest.
I hope this helps you as you try to factor in your busy week ahead. Best of luck!
I am so sorry for your grandmother's illness. So sad and stressful, esp when you have so many other things going on at the same time. I totally agree with the other comments. I was always told go home rest day of transfer but that no bedrest was needed after. I sometimes do it just to do it but I know it probably is not helping.
I am told to avoid lifting anything heavy (over 10 lbs) and to not do any exercise. So as long as you are taking it easy and avoid being on your feet a lot you are totally fine.
Best of luck and I am holding your family in my thoughts.
My RE says 24 hours and then light activity for the few days. I always did at least 48 hours at home (I would take 3 days off work total, the first to the transfer and the next 2 to chil out) and experienced 4 BFN and 1 BFP. So long as your not doing aerobics or running a marathon, you should be fine. Good luck!!!
I was on Bed Rest for the day of the transfer and the next two days. I would also lie on my left side....it's something about that and blood flow to the uterus.
Post a Comment