Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Another Pregnant person - and it is not me
My good friend who was also my maid of honor at my wedding called me yesterday to tell me she is pregnant - she said she was so afraid to tell me - which I guess is kinda sad - but she knows how hard I have been trying to have a child - we are actually coming up on the two year mark - wow. How sad - anyway - I told her I was happy for her - which I am - happy for her and sad for me. Then she says is she not sure she is going to keep the baby - it is complicated and I will not go into detail - but she wanted me to come over her house so that I can help her figure it out - I told her that I could not come over because I was too busy - but the fact is I just could not go over there, I am not the best person to be talking about abortion or not wanting a child. I was kinda upset that she even thought of me to help her, she has other friends and family. I cannot even wrap my head around that - I just want a child so badly - and now she is pregnant and not even sure she wants to keep it - when I got off the phone - I just cried and cried - I am so tired of women in my life who get pregnant and do not want the child - if you did not want to get pregnant then you should use protection - my Dh's cousin is pregnant and she did not want anyone to know because she is ashamed - ughh - I wish people who wanted to get pregnant could get pregnant and those who do not want to get pregnant did not get pregnant - but nothing is ever that easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry that you even had to deal with that: Shame on your friend for bringing her problem to you, of all people. *hugs*
I'm with you on the people who don't want kids and have them and those who do want them and don't.
Oh man that is a really tough situation. I am sorry that your friend has put this on you. Its hard enough to hear about other people's PGs when they are happy and wanted but unbearable when you know that the baby is unwanted.
Hugs to you.
I am so sorry you had to deal with that. I was recently in a similar situation and I finally had to tell her that I no longer wanted to hear about "it." I have yet to find the answer on why nothing is never easy.
Post a Comment