I have been tagged by JackiJaguar. I have to write a six word memoir... a Meme.
"The Meme originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I was planning: Six Word Memiors by Writers Famous and Obscure. It's a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet $ 10 he could sum up his life in six words. His were - "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn."
My Meme is:
NOTHING EVER COMES EASY FOR ME
I was trying to think of some wonderful six word thing to say - but I couldn't - maybe it is because I have been down in the dumps later - but I honestly feel nothing is ever easy for me - when things go wrong - I even say that exact phase.
It goes as far back as I can remember. In school - I always needed additional help to achieve good grades - it never came easy to me like it did my brother.
I had and still have trouble making friends - I am way to shy and not confident enough to put myself out there.
Growing up we did not have any money - so I never got any of the nice things my friends had - like a barbie house or a new bike - my bike came from the lost and found at our borough hall. So when I was 15 I got my first job - I worked all summer while my friends hung out.
I had to work hard to put myself throught school, I did not get to go to 4-year college and stay on campus like the rest of my high school friends, I had to wait until my brother finished high school before I could even go back to school.
Me and DH saved for two years before we could buy our first house. We did it all on our own.
Me and DH had to pay for our wedding ourselves, including the rehearsal dinner. We saved for 4 year for our wedding. Then there was no money left for us to go on a honeymoon.
And now our infertility - 22 months and counting.
Even everyday things are difficult - like our wedding - it rained that day, the 30th suprise birthday party I planned for John - where we had a huge snow storm - the only one of that year - and had to cancel it - to just this past weekend - where my BBQ got rained out.
I have had to wait for every single thing I have ever really wanted in my life and nothing was ever handed to me - nothing has ever been easy.
I guess that sounds really bad - I know I am whining and I know I have it alot better then alot of people in this world - I do not take anything for granted at all.
2 comments:
Thanks for the comments you left me! I can't wait for your BFP next. I hope the new RE will make things easier for you.
I like your meme. Although things have been hard, it helps you to appreciate everything you have. True, you may have it better than some people. But there are probably many other people who have more than you and think nothing of it since they didn't work for it.
Wow, you took so many words right out of my mouth. We have more in common than our names and our infertility. I'm glad you wrote it all down, even if you feel like it's "whining". I often have a really hard time looking around at many of my friends sometime who just have had a lot handed to them...their educations, their weddings, their homes, their children while I worked for all of it. In the end though, I think it makes people like us extra appreciative of what we have and you'll instill that value in your own children. So I'm not sure if I'd want to take anything back.
Post a Comment