Thursday, April 23, 2009

I am OUT on Facebook

In honor of National Infertility Awareness week - I decide along with some other girls from the nest to come out about it on facebook to try and raise awareness.

I have post a profile pictures of the NIAW sign - I put a brief description of our IF siutation on my page and every day for the week I am going to put informative facts about infertility in my status update.

I figure I would get good responses or none at all. Well the first comment that I got was "We are over-populated already"

So of course I had to say something back to this facebook "friend" So I said what do you mean by that? Then he said it was just messing around - so I said it was not funny and this was a serious issue that I was personally dealing with and that I was trying to raise awareness just for the fact that people like him make comments like that. Then he said he was sorry - then he wrote me a whole paragraph on his view on children and that he did not mean to offend me.

I am not sure how much more negatively I can deal with - but I guess that is what you get when you put yourself out there. You have to take the good with the bad.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

What an ASS. Good for you for putting him in his place and coming out.

Just Believing said...

I agree with Tifff above what a Ass ! People sometimes on FB try to be so silly and ridiculous all the time its ok to be serious on FB its not always a big joke and that person was so insensitive way to tell him whats up!

Kelli said...

Ugh! Some people can be so insensitive!

Jill said...

AHHH, I hate people sometimes! What a jerk.

Thanks for this post! It reminded me to post something similar on my blog.

:)

Bella said...

OH NO he did not! I'm going to find him on your FB page & beat him up!!!

Anonymous said...

The "I'll make a joke to lighten the mood and make you laugh" moments are one of the biggest reasons I have choose to stay "closeted" with our infertility issues. I'm sorry some people are so insensitive. Thanks for being braver than me and trying raise awareness.

Nic said...

Very brave of you to put yourself out there. Some people just dont think before they speak or type

Anonymous said...

this is something that drives me crazy b/c people don't think of IF as an illness....they think of it as people being selfish. for the love of all!!! i can only imagine what my facebook fools would say.

Kate said...

I still can't get over that. I am glad he at least tried to apologize.