Saturday, April 11, 2009

No Visitors

My brother and his family did not come and I am so upset and pissed. On Thursday when they were suppose to come down - he said they were having car trouble - and they would not be able to come until Friday - okay fine. Then Friday comes and he calls and says they are not coming because they do not have any money for gas and stuff - first of all he knew about this trip for months - so why did he save any money and second I asked him if he had a credit card he could use to pay for the gas and he said yes but he does not want to use it - well that was just a slap in my face.

I spend an entire day cleaning up my front and back yard for an Easter egg hunt we were going to have. I spend days cleaning and baby proofing the house and setting up the guest room - I even got a pack and play - I spent over a $ 100 on toys for the babies and made them Easter baskets. I spent over $ 200 in food for all of us. I invited 30 people over for a BBQ that was suppose to be today in their honor - and both my husband and I use 3 of our vacation days to take off for them. My cousin Ricky bought all the food to make Easter dinner for them and my godmother bought all kinds of toys for the babies as well.

I sent both him and his wife a long e-mail. I told them they were selfish and immature. Above all the things I did and bend over backwards so that they would have a nice trip - most of all I was so excited to see my nieces - I missed them so much. I cannot believe my brother did this - it is going to be hard to forgive and harder to forget. I am heartbroken.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry! That totally stinks!!

Megan said...

I'm so sorry. It sucks that you did all that work for nothing.

Bella said...

Ugh...that's awful You did so much for them to only get slapped in the face in the end. I'd be pissed too!

Kate said...

Oh Jackie! I would have been heated. Did they respond back to your email? I am so sorry.

Tabitha said...

I'm so sorry that your family never made it up...I know how much it sucks to get all ready for something and then have it fall through...(((HUGS)))