Here is my breakdown:
$ 9,500 - for ER, ET, all monitoring appointment, bloodwork, ultrasound, etc - it has to be payble at the time I start my injectable drugs - which is around the second week in October
$ 498 - for Anesthesia for the ER - payable the day of the ER or beforehand. If I do not pay it until after the ER then it goes up to $ 1,000 - I will pay that when I pay the initial cost - just to be on the safe side.
$ 1,600 - for ICSI - hopefully we will not need this - we will see - that is payble the day of the ER.
$ 650 - initial freeze of embryos - may not be needed depending on if we have any to freeze - due at day of transfer.
$ 750.00 - cost of storing forzen embryos for one year - payable at transfer.
$ 875.00 - Assisted Hatching - which I do not think we will need - I hope not.
$ 300 - extra fee if we go to a 5 day transfer instead of a 3 day transfer which is pretty standard in my RE office - they like doing 3 day transfers, they only do 5 day transfers if necessary.
This does not even include the meds - why does trying to have a baby cost so much money - I wish I had insurance to cover this. Those girls with insurance count your blessings. OOP is no fun.
2 comments:
Awww, I wish you had insurance too. OOP SUCKS! Those prices sound really similar to what we paid. Hope you can find the last of your meds. Keep your head up, you'll be starting your cycle SOON:)
My word - that's expensive. You should come to South Africa and do your treatments here - seriously. My entire cycle with ICSI cost R40 000 ($5 333) so even adding flights and acc, will be around $8000 total.
Post a Comment