I had another wonderful nesties offer to donate to me BCP. So I decided to call my RE office to check in see if they offer free samples if BCP to their OOP clients - since I am only taking them for three weeks. They said they do not offer free BCP so I decided to take the nestie up on her offer.
I would like to thank everyone who offered to donation or has donation medications for my IVF. I think it is so wonderful and kind and I really appreciate it.
That said, I have another huge issue (I am so dramatic) I did not realize until I called the RE office today that they will be ordering all of my medication for me. I was under the impression that I would just order the medication myself. So now the question is do I tell my RE about the donated medication?? I am worried he is going to say I cannot use it - I am not sure how he will act because it was never discussed. I am willing to bring it in to him to show him it is not opened or anything like that? I wonder if that will work. Maybe I should not even tell him and just tell the pharmacy when they call that I have certain things already - but I am not sure I can do that either - since I know have all my menopur for the cycle - how can I tell the pharmacy that I do not need any of one of the medications that my doctor ordered for me.
I do not know what to do know - I have to tell him - right???
If you were OOP and received medication donations how did you handle this situation??
8 comments:
I think the best idea is to tell him and hope he understands.
I discussed this with my doctor being that I know someone with 3 unopened gonal f pens and a vial of lupron.... he said it was awesome. Just call the office and talk with them - usually they understand.
I already e-mailed you back about this, but really they shouldn't care. It's none of thier business where your meds come from, as long as they are unopened and unsued and sterile and non-expired! Just tell your pharmacy when you call to have the meds shipped that you already have (fill in the blank) and they'll remove that from your order before shipping!
I told my RE's nurse that I had donated meds and she questioned it for a split second then never mentioned it again. I think her main concern was that it wasn't expired or opened, and I assured her of that. Surely, they'll understand--I'd fess up. Otherwise, they're most likely going to order it for you. Mine went ahead and sent the orders in, but put the ones I already had "on hold" and told me to call if I wanted them filled. This was with Freedom Pharmacy.
I'd just tell the pharmacy what you don't need when they call. I do it all the time because I have meds left over from previous cycles.
I received donated meds too. When the pharmacy called, I just said I had 10 vials of Bravelle already and only needed the additional 5. They didn't ask any questions, and I didn't volunteer any information. As for the RE's office, the only thing they ever asked was if I had my meds or not yet.
I was a little worried about saying something too, but it never came up. I think this happens more often that we think!!!
Good Luck.
My nurse simply asked if the meds were unopened, stored properly and unexpired. When I said "yes", she said "no problem".
I am OOP for the stimming meds and also starting IVF at the end of October. I just had my consult with the nurse who went over all the meds I'll be needing. She told me they had a pharmacy they use and she could call it in for me. I told her that I was paying for some of it and needed to shop around for the best prices and that I'd use a local pharmacy (I'm cycling out of state) for the meds that were covered by insurance. The follistim is WAY TOO expensive not to shop around for the best price. She was completely fine with that and e-mailed me the prescriptions. I don't plan on telling them where I get them. All that matters is that they are sealed and unexpired.
Good luck!
Post a Comment