Friday, December 18, 2009

I feel better today

I was able to finish my Christmas shopping last night and John went to the food store so we have food. Yes my house is still a mess but who cares. We are having a pretty big snow storm this weekend so that means that I do not have to go to the pollyanna I was so worried about - but that also means John will be out most of the weekend plowing. I am going to give the neighbor kids money to shovel my walk - I cannot do it. But that means I can stay home and wrap all the presents and try to get the house ready for my brother's arrival.

I am truly blessed this year. I am finally pregnant - I have a growing little baby inside of me which is crazy wonderful and my brother is coming to see me - I have my family home for Christmas. I have alot to be thankful for.

John family offered to help with making the Christmas dinner and I got the ham last night at the food store. It will all work out - I may not have the cleanest house and there may still be a hole in my kitchen ceiling but it will all work out.

I am just going to try and focus on the good things and take this weekend to relax and get some chores done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

4 comments:

Lin said...

Glad that you're feeling better and don't have to go to the event this weekend! You're so right...much to be grateful for this season!

Katie said...

good for you. sounds like you have the right attitude! so many people only focus on the negative when we all have so many things to be thankful for- esp this time of year.

Nicole said...

Glad you're feeling better. Don't worry, I have been cleaning my house only every other week (besides the basic wipe off the counters, dishes, etc. when necessary) and we're lucky if laundry gets done once a week. It's not the end of the world. :) Have a good weekend! Hope your party goes well

Melissa said...

Just relax and enjoy this wonderful Christmas...it will be the last Christmas just you and hubby! Crazy to think huh?