Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last RE appointment today

Everything looks great with the little bean. The baby is getting so big - and the heart was beating away - I was so happy I could not stop crying tears of joy - the bean is looking more like a baby now too. The nurse said she could see where my bleeding was coming from last week and it was at the top of my uterus and that she does not think it will happen again - which is good to hear.

They measured the baby and said my due date was August 2, 2010 - which is odd being that my original due date they gave me was July 29, 2010 and I did IVF so that due date should be pretty accurate and not have changed - I am a little concerned that I am measuring behind. My RE was not there this morning - so I left a message for him - I just want to make sure everything is okay with the bean.

My brother and his family will be here this evening - I am so excited to see them. John and I stayed up late last night getting everything ready for them and John will go to the food store after work today so we are stocked up on food.

One good thing about the 2 feet of snow we got this past weekend is that my nieces now get to play in it tomorrow - they never have snow like this where they live. They are going to love it - my camera is going to be out non stop.

My first OP appointment is January 8th. This is all starting to feel real now.

10 comments:

jeanna said...

I am finding such joy reading your blog, I know I didn't follow you since the beginning but I am smiling knowing your bean is doing so great! I wish all our other IF ladies would get their BFP!

Enjoy your Christmas!

BTW: LOVE the snowmen background so cute!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

don't worry lady...measuring a few days behind is NOTHING...in fact, its completely normal. At ultrasounds, they tend to be anywhere from 3-7 days different then your due date. If I were you, and you really know your dates...then STICK to them. I mean, babies grow at all different rates, just like when they get out of the womb.

:) glad all is well.

Sumer said...

My EDD is 7/2/10 based on IVF... at the first several ultrasounds I measured behind 2 days but its nothing to change your date over. They are so small at that point - I just went for a 12 week ultrasound and now I am right on target. I would stick with the original EDD and tell that date to your OB.

jlynn said...

Your posts are also bringing me joy this holiday season. I am thrilled for you Jackie and am so happy to hear your little bean is doing so well :)

Kristen said...

I'm due August 2nd, too! Glad to hear you're doing well. Have a nice holiday!

Melissa said...

Your due date changing is completly normal. My first u/s showed my due date as 10/19, the next one showed it as 10/21 and I had my daughter on 10/13.

RELH said...

Don't worry about the measurements! I am sure everything is just fine. Have a fun and relaxing holiday season... if that's possible!

Jennifer said...

I have been so busy with our whole house being sick and the holidays that I haven't been diligent on my blog reading, so imagine my surprise when I check yours out to find you're pregnant!!! I am so happy for you!! Congrats -- even though I'm way late, lol!

akoto said...

So glad to hear such a great update. It really is amazing how quickly they grow! Sending prayers for a great holiday!

Anonymous said...

i say whatever about the date. you know the real due date b/c of the IF treatment you did. seriously. i just started answering "i don't know" when all of the docs/MFMs/US techs asked me the date of my last period. seriously i didn't remember....and it didn't matter anyway. i had done ivf. i KNEW the date of conception. lol.

so excited that everything is looking good. you'll do great :)

xoxo