I love my comfort zone - I am very content just staying at home and going to the same job everyday and routine - I thrive on routine - sad I know. But since so many things in my life have gone wrong and were and are beyond my control - I like to keep as much normal and the same as possible.
But lately - I have really been going out of my comfort zone - trying new things. Like my trip to Punta Cana - big deal for me - never been out of the country and never been on a plane - I did both and did them without freaking out - John was all prepared for me to freak out on the plane but I was so calm.
Then this new job - big deal to me being that I have only had two jobs in my entire life. One job I stayed at for 6 years and I will be at my current job for 7 years in June - so working somewhere new is a big for me.
Then there is the therapy - which is not that big of a deal - being that I have been in therapy before - but it is me stepping out of my comfort zone.
I went to a baseball game yesterday too - I have not been to a baseball game since I was 10 years old - I plan on trying to put alot more activities in my life which I have never done before.
4 comments:
Yay Jackie!
Routine can be so comforting when things are going awry. However, trying out new things can be so good for the soul- in one way or the other.
:)
You should read some of your old posts and then go back and read what you put today. It sounds like you are healing. No, we can never forget, but it sounds so great to hear you doing new things and just being happy.
You inspire me :O)
I think this will make such a difference in your life. You sound like you are doing well, and I am so happy for that!
Good for you girl!
Post a Comment