Friday, September 3, 2010

Feeling Thankful Today

I am very fortunate in my life and like many I do take it for granted sometimes.

They news reported the the umployment rates may jump to 10% but I feel thankful that I not only have one job but I have two jobs and instead of complaing about how much I work I am thankful that I have jobs and money coming in and good health benefits.

I am also thankful for my husband. Things have not been so great between us since we lost the baby - to the point where I was even thinking of leaving him in May - but we are learning and communicating and trying to work on our marriage - we have been together 10 years and I hope we can stay together a lifetime. I am thankful today for his love.

I am thankful for family - I do not have much of a family but my husband has a huge family - and my SIL - John's youngest sister just had her first baby two days ago - he is healthy and beautiful - and yes I am sad because our children would of only been one month apart and would of grown up together - but I am happy for her - that she has started her own little family and both she and the baby are doing well.

I am so thankful that my brother and his wife decided to work things out and not get a divorce - they seem happier than ever now. Sometimes we just need time away from each other to realize what we have.

I have a husband who loves me and is willing to work on our marriage and life together, I have two jobs - granted they may not be the best working situations but they put money in my pocket and pay my bills. I have great friends and the support of wonderful women which I have never met in real life but have come to care for online. I have a lovely home and I know one day I will have the family I so desire. My time will come.

What are you thankful for today??

3 comments:

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Most definitely my husband. And my friends and family who support me. And for the community I've met here. And, to have a job and a roof over my head and a full tummy.

Glad you are feeling good Jackie, and look forward to our lunch date soon!

Heather said...

I just recently did a post similar to this one. And when we go through this infertility mess, it simetimes makes us soooo focused on what we dont have- we loose sight of what we DO have! I love that you took time out to write this today! You do have a wonderful life- I have a wonderful life, and the Lord knows our hearts' desire- and he WILL make us mommies someday! I can just feel it!

Way to go Jackie!

Melissa said...

Your right...we do tend to think about what we don't have instead of what we do have.