What ever that means - LOL!!!
It is associated with increased plasma homocysteine levels, a risk factor for coronary disease and venous thrombosis.
It is genetic - thanks mom and dad!
It means that I was not giving my baby enough vitamins and nutrients when I was pregnant and that is why I miscarried.
I have to start on B6 and B12 right away. If I decide to do a treatment again I will have to be on double the folic acid and lovenox everyday. I already checked it out and the injection is covered by insurance - thank goodness because if not then it would cost $ 1,000 a month. Also I will need to see the hemologist once a week to test my blood levels while pregnant.
It was a bit overwhelming and alot of information to take in but at least now we know and hopefully can prevent another miscarriage from happening.
9 comments:
I'm glad that you finally got an answer. That in itself must be a relief. ::hugs::
It's great to finally have an answer! So happy for you! Did they tell you if you have one copy of the C677T mutation or if you have two? Two copies of the mutation is much "worse" than one, but can be treated (either way) which is excellent news! I am actually compound heterozygous for the MTHFR gene mutation (meaning that I have one copy of the 677T and one copy of the 1298A gene mutations). They tested me after my second loss. I was able to be treated with a special prenatal called Neevo (that has the folic acid already broken down), and baby aspirin, and I'm currently 31 weeks preggers with twins, so it DOES work! Hope this fixes the problem for you!!
I have two copies of the C677T mutation.
do you know if you are homozygous or hetrozygous (if its on one allell (sp?) or both?) I know that made a difference for me... I have the same mutation, but on both sides. I'm glad that they got you some answers and a game plan. And now since you officially have a 'blood disorder', it's great that the insurance will pay for everything. Did they add any any extra folic acid? That was also part of my 'daily pills'
Longtime lurker of your blog, I have the same exact thing. I was pregnant with twins and lost one at 20 weeks, didn't find the MTHFR until a crap ton of bloodwok after finding out we lost one of the babies. I took Folbate in addition to the prenatal (you should ask about getting that instead of taking 2 different vitamins) and was on Lovenox until 36 weeks when I had to switch to Heparin.
They never insinuated that we lost one of the twins due to that though, after delivering my daughter they were able to run tests and found that the cord was tethered.
I'm so glad you got a diagnosis, thankfully it's treatable and will hopefully get you on the road to having a sweet baby in your arms.
Glad to hear you have an answer. Thinking of you....
I'm so happy that you were able to get answers. I'm on Love.nox, but for no known diagnosis of anything. The IVF dr. decided to make it part of my last IVF cycle and so far, it's the only thing (I think, besides God) that has gotten me this far in the pregnancy.
Love.nox bruises VERY easily. When my hubby gave me my shots I bruised A LOT. Then when I started doing it by myself, I hardly bruise at all.
I've met all my deductibles for the year so the Love.nox doesn't cost me anything, but come January, I will have to pay the $1,000 a month for the drug!
I'm so excited that you have a diagnosis the dr's can work with to ensure you have a safe and healthy pregnancy!!
great! now you have something to work with. :)
I know it doesn't help with the pain of losing your first baby, but what a relief you are going to feel knowing you are doing something different next time!! Bring on the FET!!!
Post a Comment