My brother has been married for 5 years - he has two daughters - and a son on the way. It is a very unhappy marriage and my brother has recently filed for divorce and will be seeking primary custody of the children - yes it sounds bad that my brother has filed for divorce while his wife is pregnant but some of the back story is that his wife went behind his back and got pregnant - he thought she was on birth control and she went off of it without telling him and got pregnant and did not tell him until she was in the second trimester and she told him (and everyone else) by posting it on facebook.
Well I have never gotten in the middle of their issues - honestly it is none of business - I have told her several times I want to be in her life and in the children's lives. Now that things have gotten nasty between them she told me not to e-mail her anymore and do not try to call the children and do not send anything to them or she will throw it out. What am I suppose to do - I want a relationship with my nieces and my new soon to be born nephew. I have never done anything to her and it is not fair for her to shut me out.
I have tried several time to contact her - I do not want my nieces and nephew to not know who I am - I want them to be in my life. I am afraid she will get primary custody and I will never see them again - is there any solution - is there anything I can do to make this better??
2 comments:
That is so hard. I would suggest backing off for a bit. If he has recently filed, she may just be so angry and wants to take it out on whoever. Give her some time and space and hopefully she will come around (or your bro will get custody). Tough situation. ((hugs))
Sorry you're dealing with family drama. It's never fun. I saw your FB post earlier & know it's weighing on you. Only advice I can give is to step back and see how things play out. Sounds like emotions are high for everyone, so laying low until the dust settles is probably the only thing you can do that will take care of you in the meantime.
Post a Comment