Friday, May 6, 2011

One Shot Down

First PIO Shot down - many more to go - they actually do not hurt me (at least they never hurt last time I did IVF).   I ice beforehand and then John gives me the shot - injecting it very slowly and then he massage the area and then I lay on a heating pad - so far so good.  I am also taking a steriod and it taste horrible - I cannot get the taste out of my mouth.

I have a feeling my transfer is going to end up being on Mother's day - how ironic will that be.  They will call me tomorrow and tell me how my embies are doing and if I am going to transfer Sunday or Tuesday.

Not really sure how I am feeling - I guess it is a combination of feelings - excited, nervous and anxious. 

Since this is my blog and it is where I put my feelings out there - I have to get this out.  My SIL is also doing a treatment cycle - she has done a fresh IVF - she finds out on Monday if she is pregnant or not - so if we both get pregnant then we will only be two weeks apart.  I really want it to work for her but all I keep thinking is what if what happened last time happens again.  Last time I was pregnant my other SIL got pregnant and we were one month apart and then I lost my baby and she had her baby - and it was hard - really hard - I just hope that does not happen again - it will be so cruel if that happens again.  I know it is horrible to think like that but that is what is on my mind.

I have to keep reminding myself that this cycle is different then the last cycle and just because I lost the baby last time does not mean I am going to lose a baby this time.  I have to stay positive - I have to keep repeating to myself that I deserve to have a healthy pregnancy.

4 comments:

Nic said...

Of course you deserve a healthy pregnancy. I really hope that your embies do well and stick and stay sticky.
Good luck for transfer
x

Erin said...

You absolutely deserve a healthy pregnancy. You have learned so much about you and your body since the last treatment and that will make a difference, you just have to stay positive! I will continue thinking good thoughts and sending baby vibes your way!

Life Happens said...

Wishing you all the best this cycle. You deserve it! Don't think about what happened last time, focus on the present. It will all work out!

jeanna said...

2nd times the charm, i've got proof and it is GOING to HAPPEN for you too!!

Dang, your family must all be deciding to have babies at the same time. I hope you both get pregnant and both babies make it to full term. But I am pulling for you and your embies!!!! Bring on the transfer!!