Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Car Trouble and My Birthday Week!!!

I knew my battery in my car was dying but I was hoping it would not die until the weekend so John could fix it then - well that was not the case. I went out to get in my car this morning and it would not start - ughh - so I called John and he had his sister pick me up since she does not go into work until 10 am - I felt so bad though - it was super nice of her to do that for me - when she picked me up she handed me a coffee she had stopped and got me a coffee which was also super nice of her. I was a bit late to work but that is okay - but now John had to go home right after work with his BIL - change the battery, then have his BIL follow him to my work to drop off my car to me so I have a way to get home and then he will have his BIL drive him back to our house - nothing is ever easy.

My birthday is on Sunday the 24th - but all week long I have things going on. On Monday I went out to dinner with a bunch of girlfriends to celebrate and they got me a gift card to NY & Co. Then yesterday my best friend Ricky took me out to buy me a present - he got me the new coffee maker that is out - were you put the pods in and you can make coffee, tea, hot cocoa - it is really nice and then today when I came into work - I had all these cards and flowers - everyone on at work thought today was my birthday and I played along - I also got an elephant pin and a gift card to Olive Garden - mmmm - from my coworkers. Then tomorrow my friend that works in the town I work in is coming to take me out to lunch and then Friday we are going to dinner with some friends and then Sat my godmother is taking me out to lunch and Sunday DH is taking me out to dinner - I feel so loved!

I am still hopeful about this cycle but I do feel a bit a negativity creeping in - I am trying to keep it at bay - I will test in two days - and hopefully get the best birthday present of all!!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, happy birthday week! Hope you have a fabulous time, and I really hope you get that special gift that you've been waiting so long for. Best wishes! :)

Christina said...

happy early birthday!!

christina
unquestionablelove.blogspot.com