John went to a Labor Day BBQ without me on Sunday because it was a last minute BBQ and I already had plans with my best friend. Well his sister e-mails me today to say how excited she is that we are starting IVF at the end of the month. Apparently John told everyone at the party that we are doing IVF at the end of the month - we were suppose to be keeping it quiet - at his request and now the whole family knows.
6 comments:
Hopefully that will be a good thing, even more prayers and support for you!
But maybe him telling everyone means he is now at a good place and has accepted it. And if you have to bow out of some event due to not feeling well or your injection schedule, you won't have to explain much to people. And like Tabitha said, more people knowing means more people praying and sending positive thoughts. And, you never know who might have some helpful advice or whatnot to share with you. It has taken me quite a bit of time to realize that IF is not something I need to be ashamed of or hide.
I am so sorry! My husband is the same way, it's like they just can't help themselves.
Hopefully this means he is better accepting of where you guys are. My hubby did the same thing when I would much rather only certain people know. Men... lol.
Even though the inital feeling is probably frustration, it's better to have the support than not...
Chin up.
My DH is a horrible secret keeper (we "accidentally got engaged", that's how bad it is). I also have super mixed feelings on this issue. DURING the process I think it's much nicer to have people know, but come result time I just want it to ourselves.
I'd done one cycle with EVERYONE knowing, and one where not even our moms knew. Stress-wise, the all-knowing was easier.
I hope it turns out to be a welcome relief for you! Now people will bring you dinner while you are on bedrest :)
Post a Comment