Last week my RE called my house to discuss doing a FET - he said he did not want us to save up for 6 months to start our next treatment cycle - that he would work with us and set up a payment plan or something. He said to talk to John and get back to him - well I never called him back.
Well he saw John today (they both work in the same town) and he stopped him and asked him if I had talked to him about making an appointment with him to discuss doing a FET. John said yes I told him and that we would be in touch.
I am not sure why he wants us to do a FET now - maybe there is a medical reason I am unaware of. Maybe there is a better success rate if it is done right after a miscarriage - has anyone heard of this??
Now I feel like I need to at least make an appointment to go talk to him - but I do not want to feel pressured to do something I am not ready to do.
9 comments:
Maybe he is just trying to help?
You do not have to do this, do not feel under pressure. You do this when you are ready, not when someone tells you to.
That's nice at least that he's willing to work with a payment plan. And I understand how you feel like meeting about something could lead you to commit to it, but I always have to remind myself that I ultimately decide and not the doctor.
Hugs.
Maybe he doesn't want you to give up? Who knows. Maybe it's fate. You should ask him.
Just an FYI- I am going to see your doc next Thursday. I am done with my clinic. Maybe we will be meeting in person. I am hoping this is a good move for us.
Never heard of the better rate after m/c, and I'm pretty sure it's not true. I did an FET after m/c and I think my office would have told me. Though... they did kind of pressure me into doing the FET too. Hmph. Definitely don't do something you are uncomfortable with. I find it a little odd that Doc is so interested in you doing FET right away. Maybe it has something to do with your communicable disease screening needing to be redone if you don't hurry up with the FET (that's one thing my previous RE clinic told me).
I think it's worth talking to him but don't do anything you're not ready for.
i think that it sounds like he's really personally invested in your success. ?? maybe?? my RE told me that FETs have a better outcome at her practice since the embryos are generally of higher quality and more developed.
definitely don't do anything you aren't ready for, but it's worth talking to him, right?
xx
It sounds like he was just trying to be helpful, but don't do anything that you're not ready for. I nominated you for an award, please check my blog for details.
It sounds like to me he is trying to boost up his stats. Yes he is likely interested in seeing you guys succeed, but also he knows that you have gotten pregnant before so you are a good candidate in having another cycle work - he knows that there is no problem with embryos growing or implanting which does boost up your chances compared to a women who has never been pregnant.
Not sure if it's true or not, but my doc told me that you are definitely most fertile right after a miscarriage. After trying for a year, we miscarried waited one cycle and got pregnant again right away. However, I agree with everyone else that you should do what makes you feel most comfortable and only do it when you are ready.
Post a Comment