Monday, October 4, 2010

Everything Happens for a Reason

It is cold, dark and nasty outside today - the kind of day that makes you want to stay in bed.

But I feel good today - I believe the supplements and medication are working on my thrush because it seems to be getting better.

I am trying to focus on the positive now and let go of all the negative. Yes I have a blood clotting disorder - but it is better that I know about it rather than not know about it - yes I have thrush and have not been in the best health but I am working on that and getting better.

Yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of my mother's death - I cannot believe she has been gone 10 years already - I am at peace now with her dying so young - I use to be angry that I did not get to live my life and had to take care of everything at such a young age - but maybe that is the way my life was suppose to go - and losing your mother and such a young age and becoming an oprhan - my life could of ended up way different - I could of gone down alot of bad roads but I did not - that is because I had good parenting and a stong foundation.

We were poor growing up - poor as on Welfare and Housing Assistance, poor as there was not always enough food in the house. There was alot of drinkers and drug addicts in our family and you would think that since my brother and I were left on our own at 17 and 19 years old respectively that we would easily turn to what was around us - but we did not - we got jobs - we went to school - we worked hard to be better - neither one of us to this day drink or do drugs - neither of us are on welfare or housing assistance. My brother is a Marine and has fought for his country. I believe that all started with my mother and how she raised us.

I turned my life around before and I can do it again - things are going to get better. Just like 10 years ago when my life forever changed - I knew nothing was ever going to be the same - I knew I was not going to be able to go off to college with my friends - but it did not turn out so bad and looking back now I can see that - so maybe 10 years from now I will be able to look back on my miscarrage and how bad this year has been and see what I needed to gain and learn from it. I do believe everything happens for a reason. We may just not know all of the reasons yet.

Today is a good day and tomorrow is going to be a even better day.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

9 comments:

jeanna said...

It is so good to hear you looking positively towards the unfairness life has handed you. There will always be good and bad days, if we can only try and have more good somehow we can survive. I am so sorry about your mother, you had told me before, but I am thinking about you today.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

What an inspirational post!

So sorry to hear about the anniversary of your mom's passing, but it sounds like she renewed some positive energy for you. It's easier to turn to the dark to than to find the positive in the dark times- good for you for trying to find that light at the end of the tunnel.

Nic said...

I am so pleased you are feeling better. It is great that you have turned out the way you have and did not choose a bad road to go down.

I hope you feel better everyday
x

Kristen said...

I hope you have a great week!

Life Happens said...

It's always good to look for the positive in all things. Instead of asking 'why' when things go wrong, I always ask 'what am I suppose to learn from this?'

I'm sure your mother is smiling down on you and is very proud of you and your brother! ((Hugs))

Kimberly Canada said...

My dear friend (who I've never met)...you and I have much in common. Infertility & miscarriages, lost our parents at a young age. It was just me and my brother after our folks died. Let me say this to you...I am now the mom of two children, one adopted and one home grown. I still miss my mom and dad, and I always will. Life goes on and you will always remember the hard times. I promise you, they just make the good times that much sweeter. Stay positive, Kimberly Ann

Sarah said...

Love this post~ so positive :) And I needed some of it too :)

Nink said...

I'm sorry about today marking the anniversary of your mom passing, but what an inspirational post! I'm a true believer that everything happens for a reason, both the good and bad. I read your infertility journey and I'm so sorry about your recent loss. That must've been absolutely devastating and I really hope you're okay. I can't imagine having gone through that. My husband and I are experiencing secondary infertility, which I know is different, but it's still hard nonetheless. We've been TTC for 25 months now. I'm now following your blog and looking forward to future posts. :)

~Bobbi @ www.thejohnsonsjourney.com

Conceptionally Challenged said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. But you are strong and have made your way to a good life! Very inspiring.