For those who have just started following my blog - I have been sick since June.
First it started with my stomach and my bowels - everytime I ate something I went to the bathroom - I was losing weight and went to my PCP - he ran a ton of test on me and determined that I had C-Diff - which is a baterial infection which I got from my godmother that had C-Diff and was in the hospital for it - during the time of taking the antibiotic I got thrush on my tongue. Well it turns out that I did not have C-Diff and he just assumed I had it. The antibiotic made me sicker than I was before I started it - maybe it was because I did not have C-Diff.
I went to the hospital for the thrush and they gave me Dilfican (sp?) - After the antibiotics my stomach did not get any better so I went to a gastro. doctor and he ran a ton of test including a colonoscopy and found nothing. He saw that I still had the thrush as well and he gave me another round of Dlifican (sp?)
The only thing that helped my stomach was a huge change in my diet - I cut out all processed food and junk foods and cut back alot on sugar. I started taking a probiotic in addtion to eating yogurt everyday - I started taking yoga classes and going to therapy thinking it must all be in my head.
I went to my dentist about my tongue and he said it was nothing to be concerned about. So then I went to an ENT doctor and he said I was bitting my tongue and I had thrush - a bad case of it and it was embeded in my tastebuds. He gave me a new kind of medicine that I had to put on my gum and let it melt away - it worked and the tongue was getting better.
At the same time I started seeing a nutionist - who specialized in applied kinesiology - he said my stomach was very weak and so was my liver - he put me on about four different supplements for my stomach and tongue. After I went off the medication that the ENT doctor prescribed to me the trush it came back in full force.
I have another appointment with the ENT doctor to get tested for food allergies on Nov. 16th - but at this point I really think I have tried everything and I do not know what else to do. Maybe I am holding all of my stress inside and it is taking a toll on my body - I am not sure.
My friend suggested acupuncture so I may give that a try - I am willing to do anything at this point to get healthy - so like I said if anyone has any ideas - please share them with me.
Thank you.
5 comments:
I think you should get another dose of that stuff that worked from the ENT- you just might need another dose of it.
I am so sorry they can't find a reason behind it. It sounds really frustrating.
Ohh geesh! I hope that they figure this out for you soon!
I feel for you because if you tongue feels like my tongue felt, it is just horrible. It is not in your head. I was on WebMD trying to figure it out everyday, because my doctor and my husband looked at me like I was going nuts. Hello, you can't ignore your tongue!!! To me, and I am not a doctor, it is still a fungus on your tongue and I would try the medication again and change your toothbrush! Also, I think it was the antibiotic that screwed up your stomach. Hopefully over time it will heal.
Have you ever tried no drugs and just the probiotics? That's what I would try if you havent already. The good bacteria in your gut has been wiped out by all the meds.
My husband has has thrush do to cancer treatments. It is very hard to get rid of can take a long time.
One thing the doctor did suggest was a tongue scraper. It gets the stuff off the tongue. Do it a couple of times a day. Also, an oral surgeon or infectious disease doctors handles thrush.
Post a Comment