So John and I talked last night and I think we came up with a game plan regarding Colin and daycare. We are going to spend the next two months seeing if we can live without my paycheck. I plan on putting my whole paycheck into our saving account. This way we will build up some saving and see what it would be like. We also plan on starting to cut back now too. I am going to do my food shooping at Shop Rite or Pathmark instead of Acme which is more expensive - I am also going to try and cook every night so we save money on going out to eat and ordering in. We are going to start cutting coupons and other odds and ends to cut back. If it works out then I will tell my boss in December that I will not be coming back. There is no way I can take a leave of absence - it is a very small law office - when I say small I mean me and the attorney - I basically run his office - so he will need someone else and I cannot expect him to save my job for me. I will ask for possible night or weekend work from him though. I want to take off for 6 months to a year and then look at getting back into the job market if possible.
In other news my brother just made Staff Sergeant in the Marines - I am so very proud of him!!!!!!
6 comments:
That sounds like a great plan. I know how tough it is to cute back but it is all worth it.
Good for you guys for planning ahead and trying to cut costs now. I hope your boss can offer you a job working from hom. It's great to be able to do that! I work from home and love it because I can still be with my baby and I know he's in a safe environment.
Good luck! Congrats on your brother!
Sounds like a good plan...hope it works out for you guys!
what a great idea! good luck with it: I hope it goes well :-)
Jackie, I am also a Paralegal, I work for a one atty too, family law, I had the boys in Nov 2010 and did not go back until feb 2011 part time. and full time in april. I work from home a good bit, is that possible for your situation? We have found that I can do a lot at home. I would go into the office a couple of days and take the boys with me they would sleep the entire time ( the early months) Also keep in mind the formula, (if you need to) my boys have bad reflux they are on Nutramigen it is $23.00 a can. It is as much as my mortgage payment. I am a planner too and I was thrown for a loop with all the extras the kids cost, copys for drs apts, copys for meds, it all adds up. But in the end it is worth it all not matter to cost or the sacrifice.
Good Luck, I am soo excited for you guys
That's a great plan! I hope it works out for you. It wasn't in the cards for me to stay home, but we were able to work it out so my husband could. Good luck!
*found you on the january moms board. :)
Post a Comment