Thursday is the big ultrasound to determine what we are having and to make sure the baby is on track and I am scared to death. I am small - I am carrying really small - I am going to be 20 weeks on Thursday and I have not gained much weight - my weight depends on the time of day I weigh myself. I started out pre-pregnancy at 128 pounds. If I weigh myself in the morning I am 129-130 pounds. If I weigh myself in the evening I am 133 pounds - so best case I have only gained 5 pounds - I should of gained more by now. I really am eating alot - it is only 9 am and I have only been up since 7 am and I have already had apples and grapes and greek yogurt.
I am scared the baby is not going to be measuring properly - that the baby is going to be too small or something is going to be wrong with the baby. I know alot of women carry small - I have no clue if that runs in my family - since all of my female family members are deceased and all that is left is male cousins - I have no point of reference.
Please please please let this baby be healthy.
One good thing is I felt baby kicks for the first time yesterday afternoon - like real kicks - it was so amazing.
8 comments:
Yaay for baby kicks! I know how you feel though, I felt like I was super small my whole pregnancy too. Ask as many questions as you need to to feel comfortable. I am sending prayers for a wonderful ultrasound & now that you are feeling real kicks, I bet you'll have a bit more peace of mind.
I only started gaining weight after about 22 wks, and my miracle baby was almost 10lbs at birth. Carrying small is fine! Kicks are a great indication of how baby is doing. Thinking of you!
This is what I looked like at 19.5 weeks: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sASCyytLQWQ/SjsuQM3l9mI/AAAAAAAAASo/cr27Ii-EhFg/s1600-h/DSC08055.JPG
I got comments about how small I was during my whole pregnancy, and our son wound up over 9 pounds. I have a long torso, so he had a lot of room to stretch out. ^.~ If you were at all even a little overweight before getting pregnant, you technically had room to lose weight while baby gained. And baby will hog nutrients before you get a go at them, so fear not. ^^; Baby kicks are an amazingly good sign!
You also have to remember that doctors often apparently feel they have an obligation to nag at you about something or other every visit. It'll be the same once you start well baby visits, too. I am so totally grumbling to myself right now.
Anyway, as always, sending lots of love and prayers!
It's so great that you're feeling kicks!
I barely gained five pounds by that point in my pg, too. Try not to stress about the weight itself.
I can relate to the jitters/fear before that scan. Hang in there. It's just a few more days!
I looked at your pics the other day on FB and I think you look great for where you are. People never know when to shut the hell up- I was always either too small and then when I popped I was too big.
A lot of people don't start to really put on weight until 24 weeks or so. You are eating a lot and healthy so I don't think you have anything to worry about!
Yay for baby kicks! He/she is doing wonderfully I am sure.
To make you feel better here are my comparisons-
18 wks http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0db28b3127ccefa46daa04e9600000070O01AauGbZi1YsQe3nwg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
22 wks-
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d826b3127ccefa1b43522d2c00000050O01AauGbZi1YsQe3nwg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
I went from is she pregnant or just fat to whoa basketball under my shirt.
I don't think I started really noticing a lot of weight gain until I was closer to 25 weeks and then it was game on.
At 20 weeks, I was feeling the same way as you... just about 5lbs up or sometimes less. http://www.happyhopefuls.com/2011/01/sprouts-route-week-20.html
You're doing great! Don't wory about the "measuring small", "carrying small", "being small" thing... it will catch up and if your dr. isn't worried, don't worry yourself. Seriously.
Good luck! Fingers crossed all is well!! Very exciting!
X
The thing is that you are always going to find something to stress about...even after your baby gets here! Everything is going to be great!!
Post a Comment