I think it is just wrong on many levels.
One is why in the world would a doctor do IVF on a women who already has 6 children under the age of 8.
Second is - why in the world would he put so many embryos back. Stupid and careless.
Third - why did she not opt for selective reduction - I am sorry but she is so lucky those babies are healthy and just because they are healthy now does not mean they will be healthy throughtout their lives. It was just selfish - she could of caused harm to those babies or herself.
Fourth - her wanting a show and a bunch of money for the first interview - seems like she only did this for the fame.
Fifth - the thing that pisses me off the most is the media. They are hyping this up so badly - people who are ignorant to infertiliy are going to think that fertility treatments led to having eight babies - and it is just another thing I am going to have to explain to people.
I already have gotten it - a friend of a friend who found out I am doing infertility treatments said you better watch out - you may have 8 babies.
That is just not the case and it makes me mad.
1 comment:
i know. i know. it drives me crazy. it just adds to the misconceptions about IF and IVF in particular. arg.
Post a Comment