Thursday, March 5, 2009

A.C. Trip is On

I am so excited!!!! I booked everything last night. We are going down to Atlantic City. We got a really nice room. We have dinner reservations for dinner 7 pm and we are going to see Joel McHale at 11 pm. It is going to be a great day and we could surely use it. John is even excited. I know we should not be spending this money when we are trying to save for IVF but we need a break and we have not taken a trip anywhere in two years. So I think we deserve it. Maybe just maybe we will win back the money we put out for the trip.

I have only been to the casinos once - when I turned 21 - one week after my 21st birthday. It was the same night John proposed to me. We got engaged on the roof top of Ceasars casino - see Ceasers was my mom's favorite casino - she loved it down there - and John thought it would be a good place to ask for my hand in marriage - the place my mother loved the most - so I could feel close to her - he is so cute.

On the IVF saving front - we have $ 8,000.00 saved now. We are moving right along - our tax return refund also helped. We are saving about $ 1,000 a month - I just hope we can keep it up. I think we will be in good shape by the fall.

10 comments:

Triumph in Learning said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Triumph in Learning said...

Hi.. Thats *EXCELLENT* that you are saving about 1,000 a month!!

I'm really glad that you booked everything. I think it will be good for you & your dh to get out of the house an enjoy yourselves!!

B said...

The trip sounds amazing! As for savings, good for you!! :)

BTW, I'm a nestie transplant. I find myself pulled to continue to read your blog -- you and John are so inspiring!!

stacey said...

Good for you!!!

Just Believing said...

Great job on the savings! And I Love Joel McHale! Have a wonderful trip!

Nic said...

Well done for saving so much money!! Enjoy A.C. I have when I have visited a few times.

Anonymous said...

omg. good job saving money. you should give classes :)

i think that AC is a good idea. it will help you feel more normal and help you stay positive during the upcoming cycle!

Suzanne said...

I hope you enjoy your trip! It sounds like fun!

Lucy said...

Lurker who found you from the nest. I saw Joel McHale recently. He was super funny. I just wanted to give you a heads up that some of his routine revolves around babies/kids. Hope you have a great trip!

theworms said...

Wow! Great job saving.
I LOVE AC, remember to play some penny slots, they are the best. Enjoy.