John and I celebrate 10 years together yesterday. It seems like a lifetime ago since we first met on our blind date. I was only 18 years old. We had a nice day together yesterday - we went to the Cheesecake Factory for the first time and we were not impressed - the cheesecake was horrible but we enjoyed each other's company. I think since losing the baby we have fallen even more in love with each other if that is even possible. I guess it is because we are both going through the same feelings and emotions.
We applied for our passports on Saturday - we should get them in 4 weeks. We firgured if we cannot be parents then we are going to travel for sure. We will see how the first out of country vacation goes first though.
I was thinking of getting an angel pin or necklace or something with the July birthstone in it it represent our angel baby. I feel like I want to do something to remember the baby. I keep telling John even if we do end up pregnant again and hopefully have a healthy baby - I will still always think there should be two.
Each day gets easier. The bleeding has finally stopped - which is good. I go back on Feb. 4th to make sure everything is good but I physically feel fine. I am going to start exercising on Feb. 1st because I just cannot take it anymore. But I must say most of my bloat is gone now.
10 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! What a great milestone. We will be celebrating 10 yrs in June. It's amazing how time flies.
I'm glad you are feeling physically better.
I have a tattoo to remember my angel! I figured they would never be here to make their mark on the world so I wanted visible proof. My husband and I are coming up on 9 years together (and 2.5 married), and its amazing how much more in love we are now. Crazy!
Happy Anniversary!
Tragic events, like your loss, can either bring people together or pull them apart. It's wonderful that out of such an awful curcumstance you guys have become even stronger. I can't wait to hear more about your travel plans!!
Happy Anniversary!
When my aunt lost their baby they found out the sex and then named it. My aunt wears a ring with 4 birthstones on it, one is the birthstone of the baby they lost and then one for each of their other children.
Congratulations on your anniversary!! I'm glad to hear that you're planning on traveling. Do you know where you'll travel to yet?
Happy Anniversary!
Peter bought me a necklace with a mom and 3 babies, which I wear. The babies of my heart on my neck with their siblings in my arms.
Congrats on ten years! I've said it before--you two are an amazing couple. I hope you two continue to create many incredible memories through your travels.
I think getting something to remember your little one by is a wonderful idea.
Hi there,
I'm new to your blog. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Going through IF is taxing enough, but to have to endure a loss on top of all this is just tragic. (And even the word "tragic" seems like an understatement somehow.)
We're going to hit the 10 year mark in March. And I can say without a doubt that all this IF crap has brought us so much closer. In some ways I feel like we have a leg up on some of our married friends, because we have we have faced so much hardship and have made it through so far.
Then again, maybe that's just my subconscience trying to put a pretty bow on pile of sh*t.
At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you had such a lovely day together and were able to find a small port in the storm, if only for a short while.
Hugs.
I think it is beautiful that you are falling in love even more with your husband.
Have a wonderful time on your travels.
You will feel better when you can exercise again.
I am so sorry that you are going through this. With my miscarriage, I bought a necklace that I had inscribed. One side says, "We will always love you." The other side says, "I will trust in God." I wore it for about 6 months after the miscarriage. I never took it off, and I would touch it when I felt sad. I bought it from an online place that sells miscarriage jewelry. I also made a pink and blue bracelet that is in my profile picture.
Happy Anniversary Jackie!! I can't wait to hear what vacations you cook up now that you are getting your passport.
Post a Comment