Saturday, January 30, 2010

Letter to my Baby

Here is a letter I wrote to the baby to put in my memory book

DEAR SWEET LITTLE BABY


I TRIED SO LONG
AND SO HARD FOR YOU
DEAR LITTLE ONE
I WAS SO HAPPY
FROM THE MOMENT
I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WITH YOU


I NICKNAMED YOU
MY LITTLE BEAN
BECAUSE YOU LOOKED
JUST LIKE A LITTLE BEAN
THE FIRST TIME I SAW YOU
AND I WAS ALREADY IN LOVE WITH YOU

YOU LOVED WHEN I SUNG
CHRISTMAS SONGS TO YOU
BECAUSE YOU DID NOT LIKE
DRIVING IN THE CAR

MY VERY FIRST CRAVING
WAS A MCDONALD’S CHEESEBUERGER
YOU MADE MOMMY SO VERY SICK AND TIRED
BUT I DID NOT CARE BECAUSE IT MEANT YOU
WERE GROWING AND DOING WELL

THOSE SHORT 11 WEEKS I WAS PREGNANT
WAS THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE
I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW BLESSED I WAS
I WILL MISS YOU EVERY SINGLE DAY
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FIRST BABY


MOMMMY LOVES YOU

10 comments:

Noelle said...

That is beautiful. I loved it, and I am sure your baby did, too.

I understand about it being the first. It is so hard.

Barb said...

What a beautiful poem.
((hugs))

akoto said...

That is very beautiful, Jackie. {{hugs}}

Life Happens said...

Beautiful letter to your baby. Sending you hugs :)

Melissa G said...

Ugh, my heart hurts for you.

Hugs.

Bella said...

*Tears*

What a beautiful letter to your sweet angel. I'm so sorry. ((HUGS))

Suzanne said...

Jackie, that is such a sweet and beautiful poem.

Flower said...

Many hugs to you. I love the letter.

cheryl said...

That is a lovely poem
I especially like the part about it always being your first baby.
I lost my first pregnancy and then a twin of my second pregnancy. I know when my daughter is born and I am faced with the question of how many children I have I can't just answer one. It is one living baby and two angel babies in heaven.

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful letter. Thinking of you often.